Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 21 Jul, 2009 1:14 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
I'm going to the Caribbean today. My first time flying alone, and I have four flights to get. And I have tonsilitis. I can't even swallow :'( This is not gonna be fun.

Oh that sounds awful. I hope you can sleep on the plane and either way that once you get there you can rest so you can enjoy your time there. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Thanks, I got here, in one piece! Got very lost in Kennedy airport for a couple of hours, and a creepy customs guy started coming on to me. But I'm here now, just got 15 hours sleep and everything's good.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Jul, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
Panic just went through my entire body when I was just told this:
"heads up, you are officially the phtographer for Chess (the show my theatre is putting on next month). Dress rehearsal is the dry run for the season."

AHHHHHHHHH! Someone teach me stuff before then.
I better not eff this up royally.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 23 Jul, 2009 7:54 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Panic just went through my entire body when I was just told this:
"heads up, you are officially the phtographer for Chess (the show my theatre is putting on next month). Dress rehearsal is the dry run for the season."

AHHHHHHHHH! Someone teach me stuff before then.
I better not eff this up royally.

UBER RAD KRISTY ..

just got in from seeing Clutch/ Baroness. baroness were rad but clutch bored me with the drum solo

here's the poster we printed

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:138629.jpg

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
my Notebook stopped working in June.
And I've been so busy in the meantime that I've only just realised that I DIDN'T SAVE MY MUSIC ON AN EXTERNAL DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - SO much is lost. I still have the stuff I got on CD, obviously, but all the digitally-acquired stuff is GONE! :'(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
i went and saw jewel . she's no buffy saint marie

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
Anne, you should be proud of me.
I'm helping plan a friends bridal shower, except its going to be a dirty lingerie shower!
Her family is already throwing her a normal non skanky one, and no one wanted to get a gross stripper and get wasted bachelorette party, so instead we shall have this.
So far ideas include decorating penis cookies, penis inuendo game (no one can use the same word twice for said organ. If you do, some sort of yet to be decided upon punishment.), condom popping game with prizes inside (or something like..the condom popped, you are having triplets. Or got the clap). And of course inappropriate straws, ice cubes, decorations etc and lingerie gifts for the bride to be.
It's all a work in progress, but I think we have a good theme going.

And we are thinking food should be things like...meatballs, choc covered strawberries decorated to look like nips, etc etc.
Any ideas, of filthy one?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 4:04 PM Quote
I have a tear in my eye Kristy. You were so naive and innocent and I have completely corrupted you. I've never been so proud before in my life.

We'll have to have a planning session for sure.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
we found it mildly amusing while planning last night, that even our attempt at filth is going to involve baking. And sprinkles. and crafting.
I have so much to learn

dee
dee Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Anne, you should be proud of me.
I'm helping plan a friends bridal shower, except its going to be a dirty lingerie shower!
Her family is already throwing her a normal non skanky one, and no one wanted to get a gross stripper and get wasted bachelorette party, so instead we shall have this.
So far ideas include decorating penis cookies, penis inuendo game (no one can use the same word twice for said organ. If you do, some sort of yet to be decided upon punishment.), condom popping game with prizes inside (or something like..the condom popped, you are having triplets. Or got the clap). And of course inappropriate straws, ice cubes, decorations etc and lingerie gifts for the bride to be.
It's all a work in progress, but I think we have a good theme going.

And we are thinking food should be things like...meatballs, choc covered strawberries decorated to look like nips, etc etc.
Any ideas, of filthy one?

may i recommend blancmange boobs, hiring a life model to get everybody to make nude scetches, playing dirty "would you rather", and getting the bride a gift box of "twister" and baby oil. i will never forget how scarred i was when a shopkeeper started showing me her bruises from a twister and bayoil sessionhttp://www.justhungry.com/files/images/elizb-paps.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 7:04 PM Quote
dee wrote:

may i recommend blancmange boobs, hiring a life model to get everybody to make nude scetches, playing dirty "would you rather", and getting the bride a gift box of "twister" and baby oil. i will never forget how scarred i was when a shopkeeper started showing me her bruises from a twister and bayoil sessionhttp://www.justhungry.com/files/images/elizb-paps.jpg

I have no idea what blancmange is. White eat? And I can assure you I dont have the $$ to hire a live model (I realized afterwards that volunteering to help organize somehow also volunteered me to spend hundreds of bucks on this thing. grr.) However 'would you rather' could be good.

dee
dee Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 7:42 PM Quote

Strawberry Blancmange recipe
ingredients
serves 6
1/2 cup (75 g) 3 oz cornflour
700 ml (1 1/4 pint)s milk
1/4 cup (50 g) 2 oz sugar
a little almond essence
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml fresh strawberry puree
method
1. In a bowl, blend the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little of the cold milk. add to this the strawberry puree.

2. Bring the remaining milk to the boil.

3. Pour the boiling milk on to the cornflour mixture, stirring all the time.

4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat gently, stirring all the time until the mixture thickens and simmers.

5. Allow to simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

6. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar.

7. Add almond essence to taste, stir well, then pour the blancmange into a wetted 1.1 litre (2 pint) mould.

8. Press dampened greaseproof paper or microwave cooking film on to the surface of the blancmange and leave to cool.

9. Chill the cooled blancmange for at least 2 hours, or until set.

10. Unmould the blancmange just before serving.

don't forget to add some sort of red berry for nipples.

couldn't you get everybody that's going to go to put in €10 or something and any leftovers to be spent on drinks?
i think thats fair enough if everybody is going to enjoy it.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 31 Jul, 2009 2:34 PM Quote
i thought monty python made up that , Blancmange. it's real ?

dee
dee Posted Fri 31 Jul, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
i thought monty python made up that , Blancmange. it's real ?

not only is it awesome at turning people into scotsmen it is also yum!

youtube monty python and blancmange if you want to know what i am on about.

dee
dee Posted Mon 03 Aug, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
my bones are shaken to bits because i have been helping to build decking out of salvaged wood and i must say it looks mighty fine. my contribution along with learning how to use a hammer properly consisted of leaning on the planks while they were being sawed so they didn't jump too much.
i think it will literally take a day before i lose the shakes from it.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 04 Aug, 2009 7:34 AM Quote
saw the english beat tonight , they were pretty rad

Pages Previous 1...85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:49 PM