lindsey22295 wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
I had a fantastic interview today!

Got the job today! :)

!

Re: Today's News of YOU
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 2:52 AM Quote
I was at the orthodontist today and the assistant working on me started telling me that his least favorite patient ever was a few chairs over.

(side note: I've been going there for four years so all of the workers are very comfortable with me and tell me stuff they probably shouldn't. I think it's partly that they enjoy getting to talk to an adult!)

He was explaining that he feels bad because she is a kid - like he shouldn't hate her but he does. He said every single time, literally, she cries and throws a fit. Now while she is a kid I should mention she is 14. It's not like she is 8. And as he said, they are all nice and it's not like there are a lot of surprises. Worse is the mom totally babies her. She puts chapstick on her!

He finished with me and I took my time getting my stuff so I could see. He was not exaggerating one iota. The mom was holding her hands down and saying soothing words while the daughter was hysterically sobbing. What were they doing? Changing the wire. This does not hurt AT ALL.

Then I heard her mom making all sorts of excuses for why this was hard on her. Apparently the end (which I didn't see) is that she storms out mad at the world.

For me the worst part is the mom. If the daughter has some real phobia that is causing this reaction then get her some counseling!! Otherwise, stop indulging this nonsense!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 5:45 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
I had a fantastic interview today!

Got the job today! :)

Congrats LindsEy!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 06 May, 2009 6:08 PM Quote
I lost all my extra weight and i'm back to 49 kilos (108 pounds).

Woohooo !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 08 May, 2009 7:13 PM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/IMG_1247.jpg

i'm singing , "just a city boy , born and raised in south detroit "

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 17 May, 2009 9:47 AM Quote

I think I lost my purse yesterday whilst skating with my sis.
There's like everything in there, my ID, my driving licence, my bank card, my money, my plectra, my university ID, my social sec. card ...my health-care-card...like EVERYTHING!!!

I first thought I misplaced it - but can't find it in the house - nowhere...

My parents went on holiday yesterday- maybe they've taken it with them.

But what the hell am I supposed to do now???

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(:( :( :( :(: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 18 May, 2009 11:11 PM Quote
swerved off road to avoid hitting a rattlesnake trying to cross the road . i hope he made it . then i washed clothes but forgot to take out my wallet and washed a few checks. hope they go through the atm ok

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 20 May, 2009 8:53 PM Quote
I always seem to fuck things up. I get really excited early on and do something so innocent and it just ruins things. I think I'm too nice/naive/simple for my own good :(

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 10:27 PM Quote

Oh my God I'm so stressed out!

I've been studying like 24/7 the last few weeks and exams start on monday. I feel like my brain's been blown out and in addition I've got a "fight" going on in my work (youth work)

And besides that my band's having a concert in about 2-3 weeks so we're rehearsing like 8 hours per week now.

I need to go away from here!!!!

I really need to stop doing youth work - it kinda never pays off and oyu end upt with lots of work, disrespect and a lack of time!

:(

I'm so so pissed at the moment

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 23 May, 2009 11:22 PM Quote
Oooh! Be strong, Nora!! Can't you do less hours of youth work? At least for a while until you've got more time?

I had the most bizarre night last night. It was the birthday of a friend of my friend's mom. The party was in the soup kitchen where we tutor kids who come from poor families. First there was a lady and a guy who sang brazilian songs with a guitar. Then there was a man who sang argentinian folk music, he was great.
Finally, since all the music numbers were gone, we decided to do some a capella singing, lol!
I ended up singing Beatles and children songs with a priest! (?!)
How weird is that?? LOL! We all had a blast! :oP

dee
dee Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 2:10 AM Quote
brought my mam shopping to make up for my dad hightailing it to edinburgh for the leinster match.
carzy week ahead, bringing 21 kids to the back arse of beyond on a school trip for three nights

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
can't wait for tomorrow's Manchester United vs Barça.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 10:25 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
can't wait for tomorrow's Manchester United vs Barça.

Me too!

I'm not going to school haha xD

Pages Previous 1...75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:01 AM