Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
lilly
lilly Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

We say broke, but skint works too!
I will be there in a flash.
Stumpy is my footles pigeon friend who wanted to hang out with me/my friends in a park in London. He kinda grossed us out, but we felt sorry for the poor fella.

my news is that i am eating celery and it ridiculously thick and crunchy and im pretty sure people must think im biting into...umm, something much more ridiclously loud to eat than celery. It hope the chewing is quiter outside of my head.

aaaw. poor stumpy. when I was small my grandma used to take me to the park and there we "got acquainted" with a raven that only had one leg. we named him Skippy. and I was so glad his raven friends were nice to him, they always let him eat some breadcrumbs first...

celery? oooh that reminds me there's a celery hidden somewhere in my fridge. err. I should eat it some time. erm...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 6:40 PM Quote
awww, Skippy! I bet he couldn't skip very well with his one leg! Poor fella. That was very nice of the other ravens though. I bet Skippy had a winning personality and a great sense of humour about his 1 leg.

now im eating kiwi. much quieter!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
I'm trying to calm down the momma bear that has been awoken in me today.

My daughter wore what are technically tights but really look like leggings to school today (as she has many times) and a teacher (not her regular one) made her put pants on.

We discovered this because my husband went back up there to bring her a coat because it was cooler in the shade than we realized and he came across her in hysterics.

(You have to understand that clothes and shoes are VERY important to her and so to have someone cover up her rainbow stripe tights is a very traumatic event in her 4 year old world)

My husband talked to the director who confirmed there is no problem with her wearing the tights (they are not sheer- they are very thick) and went to tell the teacher to let her take off the pants.

It's a small matter I know but I'm upset. What she wears is very important to her and I feel like this teacher was censoring her and judging us for letting her wear them. At least the director was on our side.

I was so mad I was looking at another day care center this morning!!

I AM NUTS.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
Today I got to see and try on the new season's clothes at my work... I can't wait til Wednesday when I get some of it.

I love my job sooo much :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:25 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Today I got to see and try on the new season's clothes at my work... I can't wait til Wednesday when I get some of it.

How fun is that????

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

How fun is that????

Oh man, it's amazing. I can't waaait to get this new gear, I look cute in one of the tops!! Everyone at work said it suited me :D

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:44 PM Quote

JUST FOUND OUT: I PASSED THE EXAM!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOD! I'm so off to celebrate now...

I know a woman never really should get drunk - but tonight I'll make an exception...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:47 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I know a woman never really should get drunk - but tonight I'll make an exception...

Congratulations, but what the hell do you mean by a woman never really should get drunk???

mili
mili Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 9:51 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Well done, excellent news!

Enjoy your evening! ;^)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:11 PM Quote

I meant that some Italian guy told me once, that it seems to be rude for a woman to be drunk - as she should be the dainty, the reasonable - one

:) cleary doesn't go for the UK, does it? :)

But anyway - I'm so getting drunk tonight...coze I so don't care....

Never thought I'd pass this one...it was so freaking hard...

so thx :) to u guys

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:19 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I meant that some Italian guy told me once, that it seems to be rude for a woman to be drunk - as she should be the dainty, the reasonable - one

:) cleary doesn't go for the UK, does it? :)

Nah, women over here don't let fellas tell em what to do ;) We have bollocks :D

(Not in a Madonna way tho...)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 9:19 AM Quote

Hahaa yeah seen that

when you go to the Elements (Club in Bournemouth) you'll find like 80% drunken girls in it ;) the ambulance standing nearby every night ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:01 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

Hahaa yeah seen that

when you go to the Elements (Club in Bournemouth) you'll find like 80% drunken girls in it ;) the ambulance standing nearby every night ;)

From what I've experienced, when you go to any club you'll find most of the people are drrrrunk, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:08 AM Quote
Ug, I have a kidney infection. I've only just recovered from the flu! Which i had for three weeks, and yesterday was my first day back at school and my teachers kept saying I looked really pale and like i've lost too much weight.

I need to watch a good movie. Any suggestions?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 11:12 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Ug, I have a kidney infection. I've only just recovered from the flu! Which i had for three weeks, and yesterday was my first day back at school and my teachers kept saying I looked really pale and like i've lost too much weight.

I need to watch a good movie. Any suggestions?

Monty Python's The Life of Brian is hilarious :D Hopeya feel better soon love, it sucks being sick.

Pages Previous 1...51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:50 AM