Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:26 AM Quote
Today, got up at 9am after a night of boozing with my girlies(I was seeing triple everything for a while.

Drove 1hr 30 mins home to collect my older brother (he can't drive) and brought him to a special doctor which was a half an hour away. Dozed in the car while waiting for him for 2 hours!!!
Drove 30 minutes home again, had the quickest shower of the century, did hair/makeup/tried to dress nicely.. drove another hour and a half to Limerick to get ready for the radio show.
Hangover kicks in at 5pm. BAD BAD BAD TIMING. Research begins, then on air from 7 until 10. Drive another hour and a half home.
Come on-line
and eventually... sleep!

Phew.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:39 AM Quote
spent all morning on the phone with insurance , then had to go in person were they shorted me the amount for repairs for a recent accident I was in .

but i'll be here fighting the good fight against sheppard Fairey over here tonight

"]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2193/2368885541_26817d5236.jpg?v=0

Friday Oct 24, 2008
at 7:00 PM

Where:
Spank Salon
1912 Clement Ave.
Alameda, CA 94501
United States

cool movie trailor was released too

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 1:53 AM Quote
My life this past week sucked horribly, except for KT Tunstall's show (that was amazing, like a light in the dark haha).

I spent my week writing a horrible paper for uni. I've been sleeping between 30 minutes and 3 hours a night from last saturday until yesterday. Yesterday night I slept 7 hours... but I still feel like crap. I still have heartburn (I've been having heartburn all week for lack of sleep) and this morning I was falling asleep standing up on the subway. And I NEVER sleep on public transport. Nice!
And my paper is probably shit because I was too tired to read it.
THIS WEEK IS SHITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

:o)

mili
mili Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 8:54 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
Peculiar wrote:

Don't even speak to me when it comes to university. Can never get hold of lecturers when I need them and am right now trying to type the introduction of my dissertation. Not fun.

OH MY..., I would be over the moon if I was able to write an an introduction of my degree dissertation! Sadly, I haven't even found a topic yet. I've been looking and looking for months(!) now :'( and I've kind of got to FINISH it by March *panics*

So, to answer Nell's question: I'm spending my days:

a) in the internet looking for a topic
b) in the library looking for a topic
(btw: I could even write it about 90's popculture or sth like that - it's just got to be one clear statement, and unfortunately (since I'm skint) I can't do field studies... erm, I'm studying "International Cultural & Business Studies" with an emphasis on the UK & the U.S. ... err... ideas would be VERY much appreciated!;D)

Write about the language used on Travisonline… "I concur" etc, lol
or the various projects here, Flat Travis, exchanges, lyrics, Friends sessions…

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 9:41 AM Quote

wow....what a week ;) but I'm happy that I'm not the only one having it :) (sorry for you guys though...)

But hey: Gladfully (is that a word?) we arrived at the next stop: WEEKEND! And the best: Time's changing! So one hour more sleep on monday...could really use it.

Was up til 4 am last night - babysitting my neiboughrs childrn. I played with them, "feed" them, read them a story and put them to bed. Great so far. The parents were supposed to come at 10 pm. Came 3am....for what it's worth: I finally did some reading for uni....

sorry just found ur answer about uni...- u chose a hard subject to study...

but sinsce you're focussing on both: UK/US you can do a comparing study - about some specific culture themes - beging from the day the English folks went to the US - til now. (of course just like 3-4 topics to compare...) or even just in the last 20 years.
Or what I first wanted to do: comparing the law-systems (since they started off having the same system - now works quite different...but I guess u oghta be stuyding law for that..)
or health-care-system...or how adolescents spend their sparetime - here and over there - what possibilities to they have etc. ....and than a conclusion to what it may lead - (future etc.). There's been this behaviour-psych. who said (about 19th/20th century) "give me ur child and I'll make out of it whatever you want. A doctor, musician etc." - well - prove it ;) in coherence with the significance of the possibilites the have in ther spare-time....

You don't have to do something very smart ;) I did a 30p. field studies about adolescents and their room in coherence with the "class" their parents were living in and their friends etc... was fun - and no work at all....

interpretation is easy-- just gotta find nice references ;)

sorry if this was too long....

go on with the writing it's very interesting!

;)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nell wrote:

Hi all...since some of you know each other more or less very well (coz they're haning on the phone all the time ;) ...or so..)

Well to make a brief start: I went to college today and met on my wy there my childhood love...- very interesting talk (blushing like tomato....after...15 years...)

I am feeling nosy about two things from your post:

1) What boardies hang out on the phone all the time??

2) Please give us more dirt on your talk with your childhood sweetheart!

hehe...well...don't really know what to say. It was kind of awkward...Last time we've seen, he knew that I was in love with him. I knew he wasn't. But we had a lot of embarrissing moments there...Since I kept on banter him him and he was too proud to let it be like that so he payed me back all the time. Awkward relationship...more awkward to remember it now...like..hey do you remember - erm..yes I do...so...what do you do know?...he's still very smart and handsome.

well, enough now...the others probably think I'm a board-stalker...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I went to the pub to watch Ireland vs Austrailia in the International Rules first test.

I'm now back at home sorta chilling and tidying up..a bit, before picking up some shopping and my girlfriend and cooking for her and have a nice lazy evening.

Dubz

I think we skipped over something very important...is this the first time Dubz has referred to his lady friend as his GIRLFRIEND???

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
and he cooked for her!
this is serious stuff.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 11:47 PM Quote

Well I have been seeing her for over a year now, so... and contrary to popular belief I can actually cook now and again. And she's not had a break since starting her teaching job so someone has to look after her.

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:21 PM Quote

...more details....;) plz!

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Peculiar wrote:

Don't even speak to me when it comes to university. Can never get hold of lecturers when I need them and am right now trying to type the introduction of my dissertation. Not fun.

OH MY..., I would be over the moon if I was able to write an an introduction of my degree dissertation! Sadly, I haven't even found a topic yet. I've been looking and looking for months(!) now :'( and I've kind of got to FINISH it by March *panics*

So, to answer Nell's question: I'm spending my days:

a) in the internet looking for a topic
b) in the library looking for a topic
(btw: I could even write it about 90's popculture or sth like that - it's just got to be one clear statement, and unfortunately (since I'm skint) I can't do field studies... erm, I'm studying "International Cultural & Business Studies" with an emphasis on the UK & the U.S. ... err... ideas would be VERY much appreciated!;D)

c) trying to convince my Spanish lecturers that my level of Spanish is "very advanced" (C1) - which is not true, but I really need to finish this course :(
d) being terrified (already) of the first batch of my final exams in march and april
e) being so skint that I think I might lose weight soon...
f) plus, today I went home to Munich to meet my language-exchange "victim" (and find a b-day present for my mother)

Yeah my dissertation is about the only thing I'm kinda on track with. The other classes have well gone off the rails already. Hopefully I'll get them sorted soon.

I've been out too much this weekend and I'm going out again tonight I think. Last night I was out seeing Noah and the Whale which was great!

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:07 AM Quote
Peculiar wrote:

Yeah my dissertation is about the only thing I'm kinda on track with. The other classes have well gone off the rails already. Hopefully I'll get them sorted soon.

Hm, I guess you have to prioritise in stressful times, and I'm certainly not doing it right *sighs*

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:50 AM Quote
guyland

Read this now a possible suicide risk :)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
guyland

Read this now a possible suicide risk :)

Woohoooh...defenitely something for the "selfishjean-award"

Quote: " marriage is bad for women and good for guys.

So what are you gonna do? Not marry just to save some chick’s life? I don’t think so. Marry her and save yourself. It’s every man for himself, and the selfish man has only one choice: if he wants to die happy and old, marry and marry quick. Staying too long in Guyland is for those with a death wish. "

selfishjean.com is not active anymore..is that right?

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Write about the language used on Travisonline… "I concur" etc, lol
or the various projects here, Flat Travis, exchanges, lyrics, Friends sessions…

I'm afraid my professor (she's new and doesn't know me at all) would think I'm crazy or something ;D (on the other hand, she's very young, so maybe she even likes travis ;) )

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:42 AM