Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
[quote="Scottish Dubliner"
Hot Whiskey works better...
Large Glass (pyrex)
Add a generous measure of whiskey, a Dollop of Honey and some Demera Sugar. Push some Cloves into a large slice of Lemon and drop that in. Then top up the whole thing wth boiling water. Lovely

Dubz

Wouldn't you just know I have Whiskey. I think I'll be having a wee play on the above later. [/quote]

If, due to your sickness and the cough syrup, the whiskey goes immediately to your head, can you promise to come on the board and post funny things?

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
oh, plus:
I dislike BAFTA Scotland's horrible website.
And I strongly dislike the Glasgow Tourist Agency for making me totally lie to them.
And I don't like the fact that it's only 4.30pm here and it's already almost dark outside. this makes me so tired all the time...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Darran wrote:
[quote="Scottish Dubliner"
Hot Whiskey works better...
Large Glass (pyrex)
Add a generous measure of whiskey, a Dollop of Honey and some Demera Sugar. Push some Cloves into a large slice of Lemon and drop that in. Then top up the whole thing wth boiling water. Lovely

Dubz

Wouldn't you just know I have Whiskey. I think I'll be having a wee play on the above later.

If, due to your sickness and the cough syrup, the whiskey goes immediately to your head, can you promise to come on the board and post funny things? [/quote]

It does tend to go straight to your head, also it's great for sweating a cold out of you.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
why hasnt quoting worked properly for Darran, myself or Dubz?

Today's news is, free lunch at work.

mili
mili Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
After a lovely long weekend in rather damp Milan I'm back to work and catching up those lost working hours. I should also catch up lost sleeping hours.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
oh my other news is that Im wearing heavy earrings and they are starting to make my ears hurt. Real interesting stuff.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
My news of today is that I found a handbag to complete my Christmas outfit. Wootage.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
I have listened to a little band called Travis all day, ever heard of them?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
my last 10 minutes at work were highly entertaining. Talking to one of the girls in box office about pine martens (now affectionetly known as martians), how she is going to hide the hickeys she plans on getting tonight and that people shouldnt use fancy words like 'abuts' in casual coversation.
Now im going home.

ayana
ayana Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
Today was a great day:
I saw the corpse of a girl that had just been hit by a tramway and I've learnt that I won't be able to go to the UK next year as I intended to. Which is great, it's not like I had refused to apply to the programs for the USA one month ago just because "I really wanted to do Erasmus"... TSH.

On a more positive note, only three weeks left before my Xmas holidays!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yeah I used to like them but now they're a bit shit!!

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Yeah I used to like them but now they're a bit shit!!

Dubz

Do you actually think that they're shit?

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
Today was a great day:
I saw the corpse of a girl that had just been hit by a tramway and I've learnt that I won't be able to go to the UK next year as I intended to. Which is great, it's not like I had refused to apply to the programs for the USA one month ago just because "I really wanted to do Erasmus"... TSH.

On a more positive note, only three weeks left before my Xmas holidays!

well, do an internship instead of "Erasmus"!
I have the impression that Erasmus students always hang out together anyway, so they never meet the real natives and even if they speak English, they copy each other's mistakes etc etc. If you do an internship at a company in the UK, you might actually hear some proper English there ;D

There are European internship programmes like "Leonardo Da Vinci" where you have to find the internship yourself but once you do they give you a monthly sum of 300 euros (I think that's the amount for the UK)... just google it ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
mili wrote:
After a lovely long weekend in rather damp Milan I'm back to work and catching up those lost working hours. I should also catch up lost sleeping hours.

you should of stopped off in Tortona

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 03 Dec, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
i felt stupid for not knowing what ERASMUS was, but then i looked it up and realized that I probably would have had no reason to know about exchange programmes within Europe. I feel less stupid now.

Pages Previous 1...16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:03 AM