Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Wed 21 Oct, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
Hey all....

This is more of a 5 month catch up!! I haven't been on here for ages due to travelling through France and Spain during the Summer and then starting Uni about a month ago.

How are you all? I hope everybody is ok. Uni is going well and my nursing skills are coming on leaps and bounds....... today I learnt how to wash a penis.

X

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:16 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Lilly, of course I didn't get their numbers! I get very intimidated by tall handsome Scotsmen... well, not that I encountered too many. Just Travis and these three :oP. I think I blushed, mumbled something like "it's ok don't worry" and looked down. And I'm not even sure I answered in English, lol. I'm so pathetic it's sad.

Hrmph. Just ONCE I want to read a story like "Yes, I met my husband 10 years ago, he was a tourist and he kinda ran right into me, then I showed him around the city and got his number..."... That would give me hope for the future (of everyone who doesn't know for sure they're going to become a rich spinster).

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:23 AM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
today I learnt how to wash a penis.

Ummmm...congrats?

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 1:15 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

Ummmm...congrats?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2r2lmjr.jpg

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 10:58 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
nickynooboo wrote:

Ummmm...congrats?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2r2lmjr.jpg

Quality!! Love it!

I actually learnt how to give a male patient a bed bath. However, they did seem to want to emphasise the importance of technique when washing male genitals.
They then made us all have a go at doing it.....on a maniquin that had a male head, a female torso, but a male genital area....it was all very confusing!!!!

x

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 5:37 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

Hrmph. Just ONCE I want to read a story like "Yes, I met my husband 10 years ago, he was a tourist and he kinda ran right into me, then I showed him around the city and got his number..."... That would give me hope for the future (of everyone who doesn't know for sure they're going to become a rich spinster).

I'm definitely going to become a spinster, no dobut about it, but not a rich one. I'm a sociologist. There's no chance I'll ever be rich.

Edit: I just wanted to have an instant soup but the hot water dispenser isn't working, so there's no hot water at work. Goodbye lunch :o(

mili
mili Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

Well, I was a tourist in London, ran into my now husband in a pub, had a chat for 15 minutes or so, started writing letters, calling long distance (no emails then)… that was 20 years ago.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 7:17 PM Quote
So today, during my lunch hour, I ran a few errands and then went home. And then before returning to work, I made a quick trip to the grocery store to get some food for lunch and I go to the self-check out line, ready to pay and then...Shit!
My wallet: not in my purse. So, I tell the lady there, that I think I left it in my car, and I go to look. No wallet. CRAP! I had my checkbook, but they wouldn't take a check without ID, and well, it was in my wallet.

So, I'm kinda freaking out because I don't know where my wallet is, and then! I remember. The pocket of my jacket, which I left at home because it had warmed up. So, a lesson to the ladies, (or to the men carrying man-purses): put your wallet back in your PURSE - not, your jacket pocket!!

I should be more embarrassed (which, surprisingly, I'm not) but I'm just mad, 'cause now I'm hungry!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 7:47 PM Quote
mili wrote:
lilly wrote:

Well, I was a tourist in London, ran into my now husband in a pub, had a chat for 15 minutes or so, started writing letters, calling long distance (no emails then)… that was 20 years ago.

yes... YES! how could I FORGET your story?!? *Sigh*, it's perfect! AND intercultural/international, too!

(I think I wouldn't be on this planet had my dad not decided to marry my mum after seeing her for the first time - in an elevator/lift. my mum was way too shy to say anything, so my dad basically started to "accidentally" use the lift whenever she did... kinda strange, ahem. But sometimes I wish I'd inherited more of my dad's qualities ;) .)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 22 Oct, 2009 8:09 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

So, a lesson to the ladies, (or to the men carrying man-purses): put your wallet back in your PURSE - not, your jacket pocket!!

Sorry about your day, but the above sentence made me laugh.

Want a lollipop? ----0

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 11:21 AM Quote
I read that sending a letter within the city of London does now take about 2 WEEKS.
So, should I start sending Christmas-cards to friends in the UK right now?

Even if the strike gets called off soon, they'll probably have an Everest-high pile of non-dispatched postal items sitting around, waiting for delivery...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 12:35 PM Quote
The plot of my personal drama is thickening. That's all.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 6:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Are you ok??

I slept for 16 hours straight last night, after taking an hour nap. The odd thing is, I could have slept more.

Travis Argentina meeting in a while! :oD

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 6:31 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Are you ok??

I slept for 16 hours straight last night, after taking an hour nap. The odd thing is, I could have slept more.

Lol, yes! Actually, after last night I am more than ok ;) I've slept for most of the day today and I was supposed to study...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:14 PM Quote

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/41990135.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/10046783.jpg

slept like 5 hrs in the past 48 finally saw my friends band UFOMAMMUT play their 2nd US show then worked some hippiefest in golden gate park . busted out a poster for em too

Pages Previous 1...99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:31 PM