Travis

Re: Gigs and reviews!!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

haha, I had exactly the same chat on the phone to my mum. It'll definitely go one of two ways - either full of classics and a storming gig, or obscure stuff and we're left wondering what we paid for. As you say, it's definitely one to tick off the list. Only other proper 'legend' I've seen live is James Brown. Just to say I saw Bob Dylan will be enough I think.

Goddammit Moray!! you nearly gave me a heart attack there, I read that as James Blunt for some weird reason.

Let me know how it goes.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Moray wrote:

haha, I had exactly the same chat on the phone to my mum. It'll definitely go one of two ways - either full of classics and a storming gig, or obscure stuff and we're left wondering what we paid for. As you say, it's definitely one to tick off the list. Only other proper 'legend' I've seen live is James Brown. Just to say I saw Bob Dylan will be enough I think.

Goddammit Moray!! you nearly gave me a heart attack there, I read that as James Blunt for some weird reason.

Let me know how it goes.

Dubz

BAH! cant you just see Moray singing Your Beautiful along to the 'legend' that is James Blunt?

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
I want to review THIS* by saying

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

* UK only methinks

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Moray wrote:

Let me know how it goes.

Dubz

BAH! cant you just see Moray singing Your Beautiful along to the 'legend' that is James Blunt?

I like that song. :(

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
It's okay Nikki. I liked it when it first came out.

And then it got played every 4 bloody minutes. I kinda got over that. And from what i heard of his new album, it was pretty awful.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I want to review THIS* by saying

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

* UK only methinks

Boruc has been having a few problems on the pitch recently, including the fact he should have been sent off at Love Street a fortnight ago. Fuck him, It's high time Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts got their act togeter and challenged the old firm for the league. Never gonna happen but I can dream.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
It's okay Nikki. I liked it when it first came out.

And then it got played every 4 bloody minutes. I kinda got over that. And from what i heard of his new album, it was pretty awful.

Yeah, I don't know any of his other songs...but I like that one a lot! His others must all be awful cuz everyone seems to have something against the guy, lol!! But "You're Beautiful" is a really nice song, I think. :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Dec, 2008 9:45 PM Quote

I prefer this... You're Pitiful

Dubz

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
Ahahha :P yeaahh..educational (: Heres some more:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/bekahboo_12/n780655013_3313278_41691.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/bekahboo_12/n780655013_3313277_38931.jpg

Bitch!! Haha. Cool photos! Man, can't wait till tomorrow... hope it's not sold out, I'm just going to turn up at the library, see what's happening lol.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
I'm just in from seeing Alan Fletcher, aka Dr. Karl Kennedy from the Australian soap nieghbours. Brilliant - most surreal gig imaginable!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
I saw my Lecturer's band 'Ploughed To Buggery' (they're all archaeologists) for the second time the other night, I can imagine Dr Karl's band being similarly awkward to watch, yet strangely cool...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 13 Dec, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
Saw the Killers , for about 15 mins , last night . I gotta say I didn't like em so I cut across town to Mudhoney /Wooden Shjips , who were playing their 2nd to last show for the 08 season, who opened up with a punk rock classic the Money will roll right in and ended it after breakin strings with another punk rock classic , Fix me .

I would make the 90 min drive to see their next show but i got things to do .

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sat 13 Dec, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Saw the Killers , for about 15 mins , last night . I gotta say I didn't like em

:-O

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 13 Dec, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Saw the Killers , for about 15 mins , last night . I gotta say I didn't like em