minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
and tiny head.

and hippoish face

Re: Gigs and reviews!!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
I got the Airborne Toxic Event album.....fricking AMAZING! It's a new(ish) band from LA and I heard then on KCRW and I was just blown away...one song in particular gave me the chills so got the album and about to have it on constant replay! ;P

Not going to any gigs yet but I am PISSED and my bf is getting to go to Oasis with his mate and I'm not! Also he is going to see The Killers in Feb on his bday...another gift from his bro-in-law. I was MEGA gutted at this news as I wanted it to be a special prezzie from me for the both of us.

But Grinner and I have a PLAN! *evil cackle*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
So, i know a lot of you hate Coldplay, but I saw them for the 3rd time on Monday and the show was fantastic. They seriously know how to entertain. And Im realizing more and more that Will is a legend. I was a bit worried about my seats, but they turned out to be amazing (they better be at the price i paid!) and they sounded great, despite the fact that they played in arena that is known for having horrible acoustics. And according to Chris Martin, our Canadian loveliness has ended the new Oasis created British-Canadian feud.
Stars opened. They were pretty good. Besides the glaring light that was in my eyes through their whole set.

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v359/190/84/121503582/n121503582_37271998_1423.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v359/190/84/121503582/n121503582_37271964_1332.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v359/190/84/121503582/n121503582_37271957_9640.jpg

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Saw Snow Patrol last night in Belfast. Nice wee set with a mix of some of the (newer) old and a few from the new album.

Stand out tracks where Crack The Shutters (Lightbody's guitar wasn't having it in this song so maybe I enjoyed it more as it felt more raw) and What If The Storm Ends? which live is a truly memorable cacophony of noise.

I think Crack The Shutters will be huge for them, it is a beautiful piece of work and surely be a definite single.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2975499785_6555e048e0.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Saw Snow Patrol last night in Belfast. Nice wee set with a mix of some of the (newer) old and a few from the new album.

Stand out tracks where Crack The Shutters (Lightbody's guitar wasn't having it in this song so maybe I enjoyed it more as it felt more raw) and What If The Storm Ends? which live is a truly memorable cacophony of noise.

I think Crack The Shutters will be huge for them, it is a beautiful piece of work and surely be a definite single.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2975499785_6555e048e0.jpg

I'd really like to see them but... 12 tracks that is a bit short is it not ?

btw not to fond of the current single, it may grow on me but it doesn't have the same sorta raw edge as their other stuff, sorta sounds much the same as a lot of the stuff out there at the moment. But will deffo check out Crack the Shutters, Cheers

Dubz

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:24 AM Quote
It wasn't really a full gig, they are playing 4 gigs in 4 capital cities in 48 hours in support of the release of their new album today.

Dublin yesterday at 12.30
Belfast last night at 20.00
Edinburgh today at 12.30
London tonight at 20.00

Everyone attending was also given a cd and artwork to take home and then we will have the gig sent to us via mp3.

I'm not really a fan of Take Back The City either.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:42 AM Quote
In other reviews just how unbelievably amazing where Oasis last night at The Roundhouse with The Crouch End Festival Chorus.

It was utterly superb. The choir added something to the songs which made even me sit back and think WOW!

Another one to add to my Oasis bootleg collection. :-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
i kind of hate you. and am going to hate you more on Wednesday and Thursday.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 12:25 PM Quote
I still have a spare ticket..

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 12:31 PM Quote
Saw Oasis on Thursday. It was good, but I didn't really like Don't Look Back In Anger coz it was a bit acousticy and I had lost my best pal after going to the front to get squished for Supersonic. The whole gig just made me feel a bit blue after, cried my eyes out during Champagne Supernova, but then I Am The Walrus was quality.

I'm Outta Time is a fuckin chooon as well <3 Can't wait to see Oasis again :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I still have a spare ticket..

Will you actually pick me up at the airport this time?

I love the acoustic Dont Look Back in Anger!

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Here is that SP song I was on about from the gig.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sHr5uExPlCM

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:54 PM Quote
Just back from Oasis in Belfast.

Anyone who says Liam can't sign needs their head looked at, he is immense.

Such an awesome gig AND Noel even dedicated The Masterplan to those all grown up from the last time he saw us down the front then said this is for you if your 29.

How I smiled.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 2:48 AM Quote
Just got back from Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, with support from Kid Carpet... best gig ever... completely unexpectedly.
Le Sac vs Pip is spoken word over some amazing sampling/beats, including Radiohead's 'Planet Telex', check them out.
Not the usual kind of gig for here by the looks, but I thought both acts were brilliant.

ayana
ayana Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 2:00 PM Quote
I went to see I'm From Barcelona on Monday, it was great.
The support band was boring but I missed most of it because I was late.
I just love their shows, it's funny, everyone's singing and smiling and jumping, there are balloons and confettis... :)
This time they were 16 on stage. Poor them, it was such a tiny venue, they didn't have much space!
The audience was great too (for once!).

And yesterday, I went to Paris to see The Subways.
We did a boardie meet up, everyone was lovely. 10 of us were given passes for a Meet & Greet with Charlotte & Billy
(I just loved the looks of the other people waiting outside in the cold when they realized the doors were opening... but just for us, haha).
They played 4 or 5 songs including No Goodbyes which they hadn't played for three years, we took some pictures, asked some questions... Then we were allowed to stay in the venue so we took place at the first raw (what they hadn't told us was that our names were on the guest list... We paid 25€ for nothing... Thanks guys...).
The gig was amazing as usual, even if the audience was awful. Young drunk parisians... :s A guy managed to climb on the stage and dive... Unfortunately no-one caught him, lol. He had it coming though, he was a total asshole.
Then we were once again given passes for the aftershow. Talked some more with the band, more pictures and signatures as well, lol.
When we were only 6 French boardies left, we went to a fastfood and we all ended up sleeping in a 20m² flat. 6 people for two beds... Thank God it was a short night!
Can't wait for May to come, new French tour and seeing everyone again. That was really fun.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:53 PM