Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 4:02 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I forgot I was seeing the Modfather!

How could you forget?! :P

Re: Gigs and reviews!!
ingraca
ingraca Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Saw Starsailor at hard Rock last wednesday-THE most awesome gig in a long time- you have to get new album in March - single in Feb- so awew=somewly wonderful!!!!
Ben ( drummer) said that they know Travis- Are Travis getting good enough promotion with new album- Me thinks not!!!
Love the both of them- can we get them together for a gig???? anyone up for this - i would pay LOADS!!!!!

ingraca
ingraca Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
where's my last reply????

ingraca
ingraca Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
aha- doh!!!
anyone trying for oasis/kasabian/ enemy tickets on friday? bet the % success rate is less than 20% but the touts win by far- does anyone know the trick to beat the system???

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
Saw Rufus Wainwright this past Saturday it was an amazing show/venue and my brother is seeing The Who tonight, just thought I share. :D

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
ingraca wrote:
aha- doh!!!
anyone trying for oasis/kasabian/ enemy tickets on friday? bet the % success rate is less than 20% but the touts win by far- does anyone know the trick to beat the system???

I wanna get them but I will be in Cardiff with no money after seeing Oasis... Fucking great, eh!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Yeah, was at a gig at Moshulu in Aberdeen on Saturday night. Was a double header of Friendly Fires & Glasvegas, filmed for MTV2. Friendly Fires were excellent, and would recommend going to see them. Highlights were "Jump in the Pool" and "Paris". Glasvegas were dire. They played for 40mins tops, which is poor considering they were headliners. Show was over before 10pm. Also, their sound quality was awful - all bass and drums, no vocal or guitar could be heard in the mix. Plus the lighting was such that you could barely see the band. Very disappointing.

On the upside, I stood next to Zane Lowe for most of the gig, as he was hosting it. Everytime somebody got their photo taken with him I ruined it by grinning inanely in the background. Go me.

I also went to see "The Blood Red Shoes" on Saturday after the Glasvegas show. They were good. Like a negative white stripes, as its a girl on guitar and a dude on drums. They sound a bit like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Guitarist was pretty hot too.

Next gig I have lined up is a triple header - Malcom Middleton (ex. Arab Strap), Laura Marling & Chris Geddes(ex- Belle & Sebastian) all on one bill. Really looking forward to that. I also have tickets to Hot Chip, which will be fun for a boogie. Oh and also going to see Extreme soon!!

Blood Red Shoes - pretty good live, i agree
Zane Low - How cool!
Malcolm Middleton - JEALOUS!!
Hot Chip - JEALOUS!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 5:47 AM Quote
ingraca wrote:
Saw Starsailor at hard Rock last wednesday-THE most awesome gig in a long time- you have to get new album in March - single in Feb- so awew=somewly wonderful!!!!
Ben ( drummer) said that they know Travis- Are Travis getting good enough promotion with new album- Me thinks not!!!
Love the both of them- can we get them together for a gig???? anyone up for this - i would pay LOADS!!!!!

I saw Travis, Starsailor and The Killers playing the same night, it was a festival in Buenos Aires.
Starsailor was cool, but I was longing for Travis (mi first and only Travis gig), so I couldn't appreciate it that much :oP

Anyway, just got back from KT Tunstall's gig.
It completely exceeded my expectations. She and the band were BRILLIANT! She has so much energy!! And she played all my favourite songs. Definitely sounds way much better live than on her records. What a voice. Her records don't do her justice. And her band was awesome. The drummer rocks.

And as a bonus, I got to meet her! It was totally unexpected. Ale and I were about to go home. There was stil some people outside the venue, and suddenly a guy comes out and says "ok, you're all going to get in and see her!". We couldn't believe it!
So we queued. While we did that we chatted a bit with the bassist, he's very cool and he's staying in Argenina for a while to travel around and take tango lessons (he actually knows about tango, it was weird haha).
Anyway, we got in! She's lovely! She signed my ticket and we took a photo (thanks to this very kind guy who had a camera and said he'll send it to me). She's about my size, I thought she was taller hehe.

KT and the band were very pleased with the audience, because of our enthusiasm.
To be honest, I think the audience wasn't that great through most part of the show. Only during the last songs they were cooler. I couldn't believe they remained seated most of the time. They clapped sometimes, and cheered, but sometimes they wouldn't even shake their heads! They were so still that it looked like a cardboard audience!
I really don't get it. I need to stand up, sing, clap my hands, jump, dance, cheer through the whole thing haha. And usually, argentinian audiences are more like that (I don't know how it is in other countries). People were more quiet this time around, although they did let go more in the second half of the show and it was great.

Anyway, she was SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Sorry for this rambling post. I've only slept 1 hour and 20 minutes since yesterday and I'm still hyper from the gig!

Funny random thing: when she came onstage she said that she had forgotten to change her shoes, so she played the first song (Little Favours) and then changed her shoes in the middle of the stage lol. She was wearing some nice striped socks :oP

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
Anyone want to come see Oasis with me on Wednesday the 29th Oct?

Spare Ticket Ahoy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Anyone want to come see Oasis with me on Wednesday the 29th Oct?

Spare Ticket Ahoy.

umm, im pretty sure i offered you Reeces Pieces for that ticket. And now you are just offering it up? *tear*

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
You also said you would be here in 7 hours, Oh some 21 hours ago.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
You also said you would be here in 7 hours, Oh some 21 hours ago.

where is proof of that? SINCE YOU DELETED ALL MY MSGS!
Not my fault. The pilot took me to Toronto instead of NI. Silly pilot.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
There's a flight from there to here tomorrow. I'll see you at the airport.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
There's a flight from there to here tomorrow. I'll see you at the airport.

deal. i'll be the one with the apperently giant and flat hands.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
and tiny head.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:01 PM