Travis

The Baby with No Name
momentslast
momentslast Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
Hi Everyone

I'm sorry if I've posted this on the wrong board, but it is (sort of) Travis related, and sorry it's a bit on the long side.

I'm about to become a dad again for the second time in the next 24 hours, proberbly sooner! My wife's waters broke on Thursday night, and bc of the risk of infections, they kept her in hospital, but around 6pm tonight they are going to 'Induce' her.

The problem we have, is we haven't really got a name sorted for the imminent little one. Well I have, I want Fran, not just bc of our own guitar strummin-lyric writing genius Mr Healy, but I just think it's such a cool name.

The wife doesn't agree with me however, and seeing as I named our daughters (Tegan), she's picking the name this time, and she wants Dylan. She has said we can use Fran as a middle name, but I'm not sure as 'Dylan Fran' doesn't seem to go (or am I wrong?), so I said 'Dylan Francis', but she doesn't like that either. I've tried really hard to get her to go with 'Fran Dylan' as we have a short surname, and it would sound really good, but alas she's not happy with that either.

So I need you creative boardies to give us some help, either with the name or with a very good way I can persuade the wife to letting me get 'Fran' first if it's a boy.

The baby could well be a girl though, unfortunaly Shrewsbury Hospital charge £50 for you to find out. If it's a girl we only have the name Sarah (from the fantastic song, obviously), so any ideas for a girl as well would be a help.

Thanks.. Dave x

Re: The Baby with No Name
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
Let your wife name the baby whatever she wants. ;o)

Fran is one of those names that can go either way (Francis or Frances) so it really may not be the best choice, because the female form of the name is more popular. At least it is where I'm from. It might end up being "A Boy Named Sue" type of thing.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
Hey Dave,

Congratulations on the little one!
How about the name Travis instead of Fran? What does your wife think about that? I think Travis Dylan sounds pretty cool. :)

If it's a girl, I agree that Sarah is a really cute choice.

Good luck!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Hey Dave. Congratulations! :) Fran would be a wonderful name. It's certainly a name I would push for too. Haha. Maybe something else Travis related... :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
If it's a boy, name it "Jay" after J. Smith...haha...nevermind. Don't think he's the best character to name someone after.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 3:02 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
How about the name Travis instead of Fran?

Please no. But this is an entirely personal thing.

Mainly because my cat was called Travis. The ginger tom in my avatar.
I say "was" because he was knocked down and killed yesterday by a car just outside my house. My heart is breaking at the mo.

Having said that, any baby is cause for celebration, and I hope that whatever you name him, he is a happy and healthy little person. All the very best to you.

mili
mili Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
Well, Dylan is sort of Travis related, isn't that Andy's son's name?

I think you should give in here ;^)

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Well, Dylan is sort of Travis related, isn't that Andy's son's name?

I think you should give in here ;^)

Yeah it is isn't it... I like Dylan and I do love Travis Dylan or Dylan Francis. We were going to call our last child Dylan.. although I had Finlay in my head all the way through the pregnancy.... my hubby hated it!!!! Until he was born and he said that it had grown on him.... SO don't give up.... Dylan it is with Fran as the middle!!!! You've compromised!!! lol Good luck and post a note when the baby arrives ;o)

momentslast
momentslast Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 1:36 AM Quote
Thanks for all ideas and kind words.

I posted this thread 11 hours ago, and this is the first time I've been back home and online since, I've been at the hospital all afternoon and evening.

My wife was induced at 7.30pm, and the baby was born at 9.37pm, we had a little boy (8lb 1oz). Seeing as the wife went through so much agony, I've given in to her calling the baby Dylan, we've still not decided on the second name yet though.

Saying all that though, I do like Nikki's idea of 'Travis Dylan' so I might risk my luck, and see what the response is, lol.

So this leaves me with 3 possible middle names, Dylan Travis/Fran/Francis, hhmm still not sure??

Tonie, sorry to hear about your cat, it must be hard for you right now, try to keep smiling :-)

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 1:43 AM Quote
Or maybe Dylan Travis. It sounds good too!

Congratulations to you and your family!!! =o)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 1:47 AM Quote
Congratulations to you Dave, and to your wife!!
Dylan is a beautiful name and it's sort of Travis related anyway :oP.
Good luck with suggesting the second name! :o)

I love the name Francis, btw.
My friend's son is called Francisco (in spanish), and he's the most beautiful 2 year old kid I know!

momentslast
momentslast Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 2:18 AM Quote
I'm fairly new to all this boardie stuff, how do you use the quote feature. I just tried to use it to post back to last two post but it didn't work!

Anyway thanks for you congrates and input, I realy do like 'Dylan Travis', but I like 'Dylan Francis' as well as I can use 'Fran' or 'Franny' for a nickname. My two year old daughter is called 'Tegan' (welsh for beautiful) and we call her 'Tiggy' half of the time.

Only had 14 hours sleep in last 69 hours, and have to be up again in 5 hours, is it worth me going to bed, aarrggg no.

mili
mili Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 8:40 AM Quote
Congratulations to your family for the new arrival!

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 9:29 AM Quote
Congratulations to your family!! :D And 'Dylan Travis' and 'Dylan Francis'! Both of them are so lovely. I think it's up to you and your wife. Good luck!! :D
By the way, I'm never good at explaining, but I'm sure somebody will explain about the quote feature to you. ;)
Congratulations again. ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 12:47 PM Quote
Hey Dave, congratulations on the new arrival! Name-wise I would always go ordinary rather than unusual to avoid any embarrassment in later life, but of course choose what you want!

To quote, click the quote button and the text will appear in the text box with [ quote] [ /quote] tags around it. Just write below it and the quote will be above what you've written. If you need to quote two posts, you have to click quote for both separately then copy the text across from one of them into a single post. Or just post twice :)

Tonie, really sorry to hear about your cat, it's so unexpected. I didn't know he was called Travis, he must have been an amazing moggy with a name like that :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:44 PM