Travis

Re: Where R U from? (Countries, Cities, Stories)
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
I am so jealous of all of you who live in Europe! It is sooo much easier to travel than in the States. I am only in the UK for a short time, so I am cramming it all in as much as I can, but I will barely see any of the places I want to.

It's probably not easier for us to travel, it's just easier to travel to other countries :o)

I have to say though that I'm quite happy to have grown up in a small country near a border. That way I've been forced to learn foreign languages and to understand other cultures.

not to mention the map shortage in America !

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:39 PM Quote

yeah - but you don't have to learn another language - all 500miles ;)

In Switzerland we've got 4 Languages, o if you travel a bit north you end up Germany - German. Or west - then France - French - or south: Romantsch - or Italian...or all the languages, Dutch, Sweedish...

But You can travel round America, or Kanada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Malta, Australia, NewZealand....and even here...and still everybody understands you...cool isn't it?

I like this language...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
not to mention the map shortage in America !

You mean maps like this?

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

yeah - but you don't have to learn another language - all 500miles ;)

In Switzerland we've got 4 Languages, o if you travel a bit north you end up Germany - German. Or west - then France - French - or south: Romantsch - or Italian...or all the languages, Dutch, Sweedish...

But You can travel round America, or Kanada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Malta, Australia, NewZealand....and even here...and still everybody understands you...cool isn't it?

I like this language...

don't get me wrong, i am really glad i speak english, but i really really wish i was forced to learn more languages. it is much easier to learn languages when you are young, and i wish i had learned more when i was young because i am pretty hopeless now. knowing other languages would surely be helpful.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Hello :) I was born in India, lived there until I was about 8, then moved to Singapore, and have been living in Singapore. It's a little island in south-east asia, so small you have to peer under Malaysia on a world map to make it out. I have to say I'm glad to have met other Singaporean Travis fans through this board, it's one of the things that make me not so lonely in this country :D

I speak, write, think in English all the time. I'm supposed to know Tamil as it's my mother tongue but I can barely string a sentence together! I study the Hindi language but I'm hardly fluent in it. I'm sticking with English as my main language for maybe the rest of my life, ahahaha.

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:46 PM Quote
Sergiev Posad, Moscow area, R U ssia )))

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 14 Dec, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
Alexander, Norrköping, Sweden =) No story to tell, except from that we have horrible dialects.

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 12:48 PM