Travis

Perfect Symmetry
mili
mili Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
So I got the Keane's latest offering. Pretty catchy all in all, works ok as work background music. Seems a bit light weight compared to Ode (haven't really concentrated on the lyrics yet, mind you). The album has a bit of a 80's feeling about it, pretty appealing to someone like me, who was a teenager at the time :^P

Anyone else listening yet?

Re: Perfect Symmetry
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
I'm listening to it now. Sounds awesome. Very different, as I expected. I'll have to listen to it a few times before I give a proper opinion though.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
mili wrote:
So I got the Keane's latest offering. Pretty catchy all in all, works ok as work background music. Seems a bit light weight compared to Ode (haven't really concentrated on the lyrics yet, mind you). The album has a bit of a 80's feeling about it, pretty appealing to someone like me, who was a teenager at the time :^P

Anyone else listening yet?

it comes out here tomorrow,can't wait to have it! as wimpy as they are,keane do write some beautiful songs

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
I really want to buy it, can't wait to have a listen to the whole album!

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
I've given it some more time and more careful listening, and I like it. The lyrics aren't as light weight as I anticipated with the melodies, interesting mixture.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:58 PM Quote
I particularly like the first few tracks and the last track. Keane always make brilliant album finishers.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
You don't have to buy it to hear it (and no, I didn't download it).

Only the first couple of tracks held my attention.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:14 AM Quote
Saw them live in leeds on tuesday, Richard the drummer invited me to the soundchck as he was very happy that i came from france!!
Anyway Keane are very very nice !!! And the private show was great !

I'm gonna see them in Antwerp at the end of the month and in Paris in November !

Then I should stop and save my money ! haha

Atlantis
Atlantis Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Ooo I love the new album <3
Spiralling has been in my head for bloody ages! :D

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
I like it. The lovers are losing is genius. Brilliant. But the rest of the album is good. Not as good as the first two in my opinion, but not bad ^^
Seeing them in November, by the way :)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
Is the album along the same lines as 'Spiralling' ?
As an old school fan I'm slightly worried about the whole 80's thing...

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
I can't wait to listen to it! Like with Ode, I didn't want to download it, I'm waiting until it's released here in Argentina, which will happen next thursday!

kiwi wrote:

Apparently, there are some songs that have that vibe, but a friend who doesn't like Spiralling and was quite worried about how the album was going to sound like listened to it and told me that it is way much better than what she had expected. I was very relieved to hear that, because I don't like that 80s' bubble gum pop style of that song either.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
I've only listened a couple of times, but it strikes me that the first four or so tracks have this really strange 80's thing going on and then the second half of the album's pretty much Keane as we know them.

I like Spiralling a lot more than I thought I would, and actually think the album's more interesting than Under The Iron Sea was. I like Lovers Are Losing, but particularly loving You Don't See Me, which sounds like a hit in waiting.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:11 AM Quote
Watching them perform their new single right now on a repeat of the late late show on RTE 1
The song is sooooo catchy, very retro/80's
I really like it!!
Different to their older stuff, theres a guitar *SHOCK!*

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:29 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I can't wait to listen to it! Like with Ode, I didn't want to download it, I'm waiting until it's released here in Argentina, which will happen next thursday!

kiwi wrote:

Apparently, there are some songs that have that vibe, but a friend who doesn't like Spiralling and was quite worried about how the album was going to sound like listened to it and told me that it is way much better than what she had expected. I was very relieved to hear that, because I don't like that 80s' bubble gum pop style of that song either.

Phew.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:52 PM