Travis

Thank you for BYWY, Travis
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
I've been holding out to hear the songs on Ode because I want to hear the album in its entirety, but I just couldn't resist listening to "Before You Were Young" any longer, especially with all of the positive talk about it on the board. So, I caved in last night and listened to it for the first time.

I was completely blown away. It literally gave me chills! I've gotta say that it has instantly become one of my favorite Travis songs. All I can say is WOW...thank you so much Travis for such a beautiful, powerful song. It's perfect. The bit when Fran sings "I love you, I love you, I love you ooo...*DRUMS*"... :O It's amazing...so emotional! This is why I freakin' love this band.

Re: Thank you for BYWY, Travis
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
I agree Nikki. Great, great song! Sounds amazing. :) One of my faves on the album for sure. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
I knew you would give in Nikki lol! Just needed a little fix to get you through to next week when the album SHOULD arrive!

It is pretty amazing, isnt it?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I knew you would give in Nikki lol! Just needed a little fix to get you through to next week when the album SHOULD arrive!

LOL, Kristy, I was just waiting for you, Kayte, Juli or Anne to reply! It's Eledh's fault! ;) She kept tempting me in the chat last night, lol! I wasn't strong enough and finally gave in. I'm glad I did though cuz OMG O.O you're gonna LOVE it!

This should hold me over until Oct. 14. :)

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Glad you like it. I have to say I haven't heard it... yet :p

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Not only do I think BYWY is the best track on the album, I think it's the best single song Travis have penned since The Man Who. The kind of perfect piece of songwriting that proves that Fran's still absolute #1.

Other bads would kill to have written this. The fact it's already been plagiarised by a bunch of Polish no-marks says everything really!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

LOL, Kristy, I was just waiting for you, Kayte, Juli or Anne to reply! It's Eledh's fault! ;) She kept tempting me in the chat last night, lol! I wasn't strong enough and finally gave in. I'm glad I did though cuz OMG O.O you're gonna LOVE it!

It wasn't my fault! XD
LOL
I hate you! XD
Kidding.
Anyway, I told you!
This song is so frikkin' amazing. And powerfull.
Guh *_*

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
Hurrah Nik!!! Go girly...it is a totally AMAZING song! I LOVE it!

Good work Eledh *wink*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I keep popping my the chat but never see you there. I have to work on my timing.

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
The song gives me chills every time I listen to it.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
You are a weak minded individual. ; )

The only reason I won't give you super grief is that I slightly caved and heard the first bit on the plagarism YouTube clip. The small clip I heard was gorgeous and hearing that it only gets better makes me even more impatient for my CD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
You are a weak minded individual. ; )

Anne, you have some of the best quotes on the board.

morag_h
morag_h Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
I had my first listen to the entire album last night, having avoided "spoilers" save for what I heard at the gig!

Have to say, I was unsure whether to believe the hype surrounding this track, but after 1 listen I was sure...it definitely lives up to it! This track is so beautiful it's unreal!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 10:40 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Haha, it's totally understandable that you gave in, Nikki!
I'm 100% determined not to listen to it.
I have the theory that I won't like this song, because everyone says it's so amazing. I feel it will be just like what happened to me with Used To Belong: everyone loves it and I think it's one of Travis' worst songs.
Anyway, it's just a silly theory I have that prevents me from listening to the song before I get the album :oP.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
I love that it sounds like a sweet lullaby...
or like when you open a music box and the little ballerina spins around.
but with a gong!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:36 PM