Travis

Battleships
oracle
oracle Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:04 AM Quote
this is possibly one of the best songs ever written - it has to be one of the best travis songs. am I the only one in the world that agrees with this ? If there is anyone out these who agrees Id love to know. its just brilliant

Re: Battleships
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:28 AM Quote
Since the album came out I constsntly change my favourite!! Battleships is truly great but I am in to In my perfect heaven space at the mo :)

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 10:59 AM Quote
Battleships is my favourite on the album, I was so happy when they played it at Parig thursday!!!

Fer Fer
Fer Fer Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 11:56 AM Quote
From the first time i heard the album through (i was one who waited for the real thing to listen to it) Battleships was one of those songs that just hits you and you know you love it. It's definitely my favorite on the album, closely followed by One Night

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
Love it love it love it! Sent a wee message to Fran asking for it to be played in Belfast at the end of the month- and since now i've heard they've been playing it recently, i'm hopeful! :D that's the only down-side to the 3 gigs ive been to so far on this album... No Battleships :(

Hopefully for Belfast though. Hmmm, maybe i should start a petition! hehe

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
I love it!!!!!!
I wasn't very into it when the album came out, but now I think is my fav :) Looking forward to see it live!!! It's gonna be so great!

Girlwithnoname
Girlwithnoname Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 8:07 PM Quote
Battleships is an amazing song.Hope it's on the set list for Dalby.Not heard it live yet.

Please Please Please

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 8:10 PM Quote
Girlwithnoname wrote:
Battleships is an amazing song.Hope it's on the set list for Dalby.Not heard it live yet.

Please Please Please

i heard it live in Amsterdam, and yes its a fantastic song!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
oh, i heard it live in San Fran, and it was absolutely beautiful! gave me goose bumps!

Vince
Vince Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Love it love it love it! Sent a wee message to Fran asking for it to be played in Belfast at the end of the month- and since now i've heard they've been playing it recently, i'm hopeful! :D that's the only down-side to the 3 gigs ive been to so far on this album... No Battleships :(

think they've been playing it recently, so its possible. not happy at it replacing colder tho.

2 weeks til dublin :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:17 AM Quote
Vince wrote:
paul_c wrote:

think they've been playing it recently, so its possible. not happy at it replacing colder tho.

2 weeks til dublin :)

Ah well, we've heard Colder twice now. It's time for Battleships.

Fran mailed me and Battleships is in the setlist for Belfast! :D

Did you see Humpty's back as well? :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
Its beautiful. Are you reading this Fran?!... no. Ok then. I hope they release it as a forth single as it looks like My Eyes might be the third single. They seem to play My Eyes a lot.

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
oracle wrote:
this is possibly one of the best songs ever written - it has to be one of the best travis songs. am I the only one in the world that agrees with this ? If there is anyone out these who agrees Id love to know. its just brilliant

Now steady on. It's really nice to listen to and the lyrics are good, but the cords are just the same 4 over and over again.
A pleasant song? Yes.
The best ever written? Not a patch on Life on Mars?

Barbara
Barbara Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:00 AM Quote
The song is unbelievably beautiful :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:26 AM Quote
oracle wrote:

I really like it too. my fave from the Boy but I wouldn't call it the best ever written that to me is a bit over the top :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:06 AM