Travis

Academy Awards
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 2:46 AM Quote
Nothing to add....I just couldn't believe no one started a thread yet...or may be they did....

Re: Academy Awards
heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 2:58 AM Quote
Yep, watching right now. Thank goodness for TiVo. :-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
Bardem ? missed it

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 3:54 AM Quote
GLEN AND MAR WON!!!!!!!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
GLEN AND MAR WON!!!!!!!

Yay! Hehe, so glad Jon brought her back out so she could get her speech in. :D

heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 4:19 AM Quote
WOOHOO for Glen and Mar!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Javier Bardem won, too!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 4:31 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:

Mony must be so happy!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 6:00 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
GLEN AND MAR WON!!!!!!!

Oh I know that was so nice. I was like waiiittttt they cut her off.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 6:04 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
GLEN AND MAR WON!!!!!!!

Oh I know that was so nice. I was like waiiittttt they cut her off.

I got teary when they won since I am a cheesebag. And then mad when they cut Mar off. I was so thrilled they brought her back out. I've never seen that. What she said was so moving too.

Also Jon Stewart saying, "Wow, that guy is so arrogant" or whatever he said was really funny.

feri
feri Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 6:30 AM Quote
None of the actors who won were American..hahaha one British/Irish, one Spanish, one Brit and one French..heh

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 6:44 AM Quote
Yippee! You could tell Jon was a huge fan of Once because of the comments he made, and how he brought Marketa back out. I mean, they cut people off all of the time, but how many times do they bring them back out to finish. And I am SO happy that Marion Cotillard won for La Vie En Rose. She was simple amazing in that film. She didn't just play Edith Piaf, she was Edith Piaf.

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 7:56 AM Quote
No Country for Old Men is good. I saw it, but I would not have expected it to do this good. Definitely an awesome movie, no doubt. I guess I need to see that Clayton movie now.

Mike

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 9:24 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yippee! You could tell Jon was a huge fan of Once because of the comments he made, and how he brought Marketa back out. I mean, they cut people off all of the time, but how many times do they bring them back out to finish. And I am SO happy that Marion Cotillard won for La Vie En Rose. She was simple amazing in that film. She didn't just play Edith Piaf, she was Edith Piaf.

Yep! She is such a lovely person as well. I was working on A Good Year in 2005 by Ridley Scott where she stared with Russell Crowe. She was so natural and normal and talking to all the staff. The movie is crap though. It makes me smile remembering I was in charge of picking/buying her birthday gifts from the producer on her 30th.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 11:40 AM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Yep! She is such a lovely person as well. I was working on A Good Year in 2005 by Ridley Scott where she stared with Russell Crowe. She was so natural and normal and talking to all the staff. The movie is crap though. It makes me smile remembering I was in charge of picking/buying her birthday gifts from the producer on her 30th.

Je suis dégoutée! T'as trop de chance!

I Love Marion!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 25 Feb, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
heyjude wrote:

Mony must be so happy!

I am!!! It was 3am and suddenly I woke up, turned the radio on, and hear: and the Oscar goes to... Javier Bardem. I was lying in my bed and God! I felt so happy! I almost cry when he dedicated the award to his mother, to his grandparents, and to all the people in Spain. Really moving. Thanks Javier, you're awesome, and I feel very proud of you.
His speech. As I said, it's touching when he says: Esto es por los cómicos de España, que han traído como tú la dignidad y el orgullo a nuestro oficio. Esto es para España. Y esto es para todos vosotros [this is for Spanish comedian, that just like you give dignity and pride to our job. This is for Spain. And this is for all of you] (more or less :p)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:45 AM