Travis

Name Problems
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Hanne and I have just been PMing about name confusion. I thought I'd share mine and certainly other boardies have trouble with people screwing up their names for no apparent reason. The top ways people show they are stupid when it comes to my name:

1) People consistently calling me Amy right after I've said my name is Anne. To which I say WTF?!?

2) People asking me what my "real" first name is. They insist that Anne is "only" a middle name. Really? By what law?

3) People who say Annie or Anna because of the 'e' at the end.

Re: Name Problems
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
Since my name is spelled weird, people sometimes reverse the Y and the T and I end up Katye instead of Kayte, and they call me "Kat-ya." I get Kayle a lot, too.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
I usually tell people to call me Hannah cos they forget the 'e' at the end and call me Hann.

And on that note, I'll bid goodnight to you all... Time for bed :o)

mili
mili Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
There's a Finnish name, Katja, bit like Katya.

Even my in-laws spell my name sometimes Milli or Millie, not to mention other people who don't know me so well. With the odd surame I've seen (and heard) every possible version there is.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
I use Nicole as a reporter and I had a cow once when I wrote this brilliant article and the editor who types in the bylines on the page put "Nichole" and it got printed like that. >:/

With friends and family I'm Nikki or Nik (or Niksa as my boyfriend calls me). But people sometimes misspell it as Nicky or Nicki.

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
I have a daughter named Sumner and she is 90% of the time called Summer. My little one is Reese, and we used to call her Reesie, so once someone asked her name and she replied "Reesie" in her wee, little voice and the lady said, "Weezie? Like from The Jeffersons?!"

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
I have a daughter named Sumner and she is 90% of the time called Summer. My little one is Reese, and we used to call her Reesie, so once someone asked her name and she replied "Reesie" in her wee, little voice and the lady said, "Weezie? Like from The Jeffersons?!"

Sumner as in Gordon?
Weezie--ha!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
nice names your daughters have, cornax. were those family surnames, if you don't mind me asking?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
cornax wrote:

Sumner as in Gordon?
Weezie--ha!

i have a friend named Weezie , think it's really Louise though

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
Most people call me Lucy or spell my name with an extra "l".

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I use Nicole as a reporter and I had a cow once when I wrote this brilliant article and the editor who types in the bylines on the page put "Nichole" and it got printed like that. >:/

With friends and family I'm Nikki or Nik (or Niksa as my boyfriend calls me). But people sometimes misspell it as Nicky or Nicki.

a misspelled name on the byline blows! like, so much for that person being an editor. LOL! :-P

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Nikki wrote:

a misspelled name on the byline blows! like, so much for that person being an editor. LOL! :-P

maybe he was a Trekkie and having an OG series flashback

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
I get called Lindsey a lot. Or the name of w/e other black girl just happens to be in the room at the same time, you know, because we all look alike. *cringe*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
I have problems with my surname, my name is pretty common: Julieta. But I do get "pronounciation problems" with people who don't speak spanish.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
Pretty hard to mess up my name except when it comes to spelling. Everyone always assumes it is LindsAy because apparently LindsEy is the guys way of spelling it. Actually I've gotten a LYndsey too.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:47 AM