Travis

Travis: Don't use Ticketmaster in US
LaMoufette
LaMoufette Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:06 AM Quote
It cost us $47 dollars each to see your show! $100 for 2 people. I bet that your show at the Warfield was moved to the Fillmore because no one could AFFORD to go so it was moved to a smaller venue - Ticketmaster charges a total of 15 dollars in fees per ticket. I can see a really great band in SF for about 15 dollars, I mean really top flight bands. Next time you come to the US, try one of the smaller ticketing agencies!!! Please . . .
Many fans have banned ticketmaster, after the whole Pearl Jam thing, so some won't go to your show, just because they are boycotting TM

Re: Travis: Don't use Ticketmaster in US
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:58 AM Quote
Sadly, I don't think they have any control what so ever over this. I think it's waaaaaaayyyyy above them. But, I totally agree with you. Ticketmaster has a complete monopoly over the tickets so they charge you whatever they can which is just ridiculous. The "convenience" charge is complete crap, and anything but convenient. Well, for them maybe. They're conveniently ripping me off.

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:00 AM Quote
I couldn't agree more. There's a reason it's nickname is TicketBastard. I'm doing the whole US leg of the tour and it's costing me an arm and a leg just b/c of TB charges.

Let's do some math, shall we??

Vancouver:
-Actual ticket cost: CAD 42.50
-Price I paid: CAD 56.50
-TB fee: CAD 14

Seattle:
-Actual ticket cost: $30
-Not buying until I get to the venue since there's lots of seats left. All due to the fees (which if I purchased would equal $14.76)

Portland:
-Actual ticket cost: $30
-Price I paid: $42.20
-TB fee: $12.20

San Fran
-Actual ticket cost: $35
-Price I paid: $49.10
-TB fee: $14.10

Los Angeles
-Actual ticket price: $37.50
-Price I paid: $48
-TB Fee: $10.50

Las Vegas
-Actual ticket price: $26.50
-Price I paid: $42.45
-TB Fee: $15.95

Anaheim
-Actual ticket price: $37.49
-Price I paid: $52.99
-TB Fee: $15.50

Phoenix
NOT a TM venue!!!! woo hoo! see the difference
-Actual ticket price: $34
-Price I paid: $39
-TB Fee: $5

San Diego
-Actual ticket price: $35.50
-Price I paid: $50.95
-TB Fee: $15.45

For TM venues used, total face value tickets: $244.49
Total amount paid in TB fees: $97.70!!!

That's 40% more than the face value of tickets that I had to pay in fees for the TB venues. And that includes NO shipping charges as I opted for will call.

It would be one thing if it went towards the artists, but to go towards the monopoly of TB *kills* me. But at the same time, I can't afford to fly across the country, get a hotel, rental car, etc, and NOT get into the show after all that!

So, long story longer - YES STOP USING TICKETMASTER!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:31 AM Quote
I agree that they probably do not have a say in the matter, unfortunetly. My theory on the Warfield-Fillmore switch is this: The Fillmore was already booked for the evening of the 20th with Moenia so Travis chose the Warfield as the 2nd best option. That show got cancelled for whatever reason and Travis snatched the Fillmore up knowing that it is a better venue.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
MemphisQueen, i feel for you!

the empire that is TB punishes those of us that go to a lot of gigs. i feel like they turn my pockets inside-out every time i buy a ticket.

:-(

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:30 AM Quote
I honestly think there are maybe... 2 or 3 non ticketmaster venues around here. I know nothing but Ticketbastard. So, they have a complete monopoly in this area.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:38 AM Quote
you wanna know how bad it is? i'm so used to getting whopped with all the charges on top of charges that i thought there was something wrong when i bought non-TB tickets to a gig 2 months ago that didn't include any "convenience charge".

it's very sad what TB has done to us :-(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:20 AM Quote
your other option is going to the box office, . But if it's an in demand band, most likly you'll be standing in line as it sells out on line .happened to me a few times

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
^ that would actually require only buying tickets in the city that you live in /near. not an option for most of us.

katerskater
katerskater Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 6:23 AM Quote
I paid close to $100 for two tickets which is ridiculous.It was explained to us that the price was to cover all sorts of fees that the venue(in this case the HOB)has to cover costs.

LaMoufette
LaMoufette Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:16 PM Quote
In San Francisco, we have a company called Virtuous Tickets, and they only charge 3 dollars a ticket (3 total!), and this is for really good bands, TV on the Radio, The Walkmen, Ted Leo, etc.

LaMoufette
LaMoufette Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
In San Francisco, we have a company called Virtuous Tickets, and they only charge 3 dollars a ticket (3 total!), and this is for really good bands, TV on the Radio, The Walkmen, Ted Leo, etc.

Are
Are Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:44 PM Quote
Unbelievable.

I attended two concerts while in USA in autumn of 2005, Green Day in San Francisco and Sacramento, and I guess Ticketmaster sold those tickets too, but I never noticed the high fees, if there was any.

Funny thing that I think the per-ticket-fee through norwegian company Billettservice (actually recently bought by Ticketmaster) is high, but it's only NOK 25 (USD 4.50)...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:36 AM