Travis

As You Are 1996
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Just searching through Travisography.co.uk (this site is amazing)...and listening to As You Are from 1996. Fran sounds soooo young!!! :D

Re: As You Are 1996
heyjude
heyjude Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
nice track! :-)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
Cool, didn't notice this one of travisography. I love the gittiness of Travis' early sound.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:14 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Cool, didn't notice this one of travisography. I love the gittiness of Travis' early sound.

Me too, but As You Are is one of my all-time favorite Travis songs and if Fran wrote this song when he was that young, than I'm glad the band waited until The Man Who to release it - not only because it fits perfectly into that album, but because Fran's voice matured and improved.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Me too, but As You Are is one of my all-time favorite Travis songs and if Fran wrote this song when he was that young, than I'm glad the band waited until The Man Who to release it - not only because it fits perfectly into that album, but because Fran's voice matured and improved.

Yeah I’d tend to agree that As You Are is more suited to their 1999+ stuff, although I like the pre and post Man Who sounds for different reasons really. Ultimately, The Man Who remains my favourite 'Travis era' in terms of their music and sound. There was generally a big step up in quality with The Man Who compared to Good Feeling, but without sacrificing any soul or edge to their music.

That's the only thing that worries me with Travis' more recent stuff though, and with their material still to come - it's almost too polished. What some of their early stuff may have comparatively lacked in complexity and technique, it more than made up for in sheer energy. And The Man Who had energy as well. Maybe not in the same way as Good Feeling, but it certainly had a powerful vibe about it. But I can feel this post turning into some nostalgic babble about the ‘good old days’ of Travis, so I’ll shut up now. ;)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 6:24 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Just searching through Travisography.co.uk (this site is amazing)...and listening to As You Are from 1996. Fran sounds soooo young!!! :D

Try listen She´s so strange, from glass onion...

Fran sounds more young than as you are 1996!!!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 14 Oct, 2007 7:41 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Travisography...nice :D He does sound so young. Have to say I like his voice better now!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:25 AM