Travis

Re: FAO HeyJude and Paul_C
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:12 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I somehow have gone my whole life without seeing this video. I am so happy I have now seen this 80s cheese fest.

I love their song "Forever Young." Just watched the video. It looks like it's from Willow/Labyrinth. It was my graduating class's song in high school.

You had a class song?

And yes, the video is wonderful. You gotta love the mullet and the very distinctive 80s fist (including a glove).

It's almost more 80s that The Blow Monkeys. The guy didn't know that the microphone belongs near the mouth, not the crotch.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:18 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I somehow have gone my whole life without seeing this video. I am so happy I have now seen this 80s cheese fest.

I love their song "Forever Young." Just watched the video. It looks like it's from Willow/Labyrinth. It was my graduating class's song in high school.

You had a class song?

And yes, the video is wonderful. You gotta love the mullet and the very distinctive 80s fist (including a glove).

It's almost more 80s that The Blow Monkeys. The guy didn't know that the microphone belongs near the mouth, not the crotch.

Yes that video is classic. And yes we had a class song. That is pretty standard in the states. Though typically the class votes on a song that was popular that year so it was weird that we voted for an older one. I actually nominated it. It's about the only time I influenced something at my high school!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Yes that video is classic. And yes we had a class song. That is pretty standard in the states. Though typically the class votes on a song that was popular that year so it was weird that we voted for an older one. I actually nominated it. It's about the only time I influenced something at my high school!

So you weren't the prom queen then? I only know of that concept through tv anyway lol

We didn't have a class song nor a prom. However, we do have a different tradition when we finish high school; driving around visiting parents. All students get in a bus or on the back of a truck and start drinking. You then spend about 20 mins at house drinking some more, and at the end of the day you're piss drunk. Nice, eh?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Hanne wrote:
heyjude wrote:
turtle, i think you had the BIG IN JAPAN experience! LOL! sorry, couldn't help it :-P

Big in Japan

That was my class song too...it is a classic one I guess.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I'm not sure I'd like to go to Japan... I have a size 10 foot (size 43 in Europe). Imagine me trying to get shoes there. I'd be a walking tourist attraction.

43 ??? Jaysus !
Well, Paris Hilton is a 42

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:34 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
So you weren't the prom queen then? I only know of that concept through tv anyway lol

We didn't have a class song nor a prom. However, we do have a different tradition when we finish high school; driving around visiting parents. All students get in a bus or on the back of a truck and start drinking. You then spend about 20 mins at house drinking some more, and at the end of the day you're piss drunk. Nice, eh?

Ha! Uh, NO. Though our prom king and queen were a really cute couple and weren't particularly snobby or bitchy so that was nice.

Too lazy to dig it out but I did start a prom thread so you can see (sort of) a pic of me and read the story of my prom.

Your tradition sounds way more fun.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:35 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
That was my class song too...it is a classic one I guess.

Did you graduate around the time it was in a Saturn commercial?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:04 PM Quote
80's reminder

Italy disco
Ken Laszlo - Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOghdt-UDk

Den Harrow - Charleston
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmawlaoMEs

Spagna - Call me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqvkXngNk0k

French 80's anthem
Stéphanie - Ouragan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ1Ldwz62M

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 5:11 AM Quote
hey guys,

i've just decided tonight, on this eve of the travis gig, that i'm in love with the frames's violinist colm mac con iomaire. am i two-timing travis again?

i've always had a thing for violinists... maybe it's the beer talking. am i crazy???

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 4:32 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Well I'm 5'11 so I'm probably about the same height as that guy lol. At least I know for a fact that I'm not as tall as Paul, few people are ;o)

Of all the boardies, i think Andrew is the only one of similar height to me.. although you do come remarkably tall for a woman Hanne!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Well I'm 5'11 so I'm probably about the same height as that guy lol. At least I know for a fact that I'm not as tall as Paul, few people are ;o)

Of all the boardies, i think Andrew is the only one of similar height to me.. although you do come remarkably tall for a woman Hanne!

but i think Undroo is the only one practising pole dancing in his bedroom

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 1:46 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I'm assuming you mean Andrew (whose boardname is Andrew). But Monkey (who is also Andrew) is fairly tall I think.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 2:28 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I'm assuming you mean Andrew (whose boardname is Andrew). But Monkey (who is also Andrew) is fairly tall I think.

we're talking about Andrew (Undroo)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:43 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:

Undy the bedroom pole dancer. Apparently

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 6:46 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:

Undy the bedroom pole dancer. Apparently

LMAO

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:52 PM