Travis

FAO HeyJude and Paul_C
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:05 AM Quote
http://render-2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQoexlJJxal0xv8uOc5xQQQJn0Q0JeoQ0qpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QQPQ%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

http://render-2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDPfRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQoexlJJxal0xv8uOc5xQQQJn0Q0JeoQJqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QQQl%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

Paul, it seemed better lit when I shot this but it's the thought that counts, right?

Re: FAO HeyJude and Paul_C
heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:07 AM Quote
weirdmom! i bow to thee, oh great one!

wonderful photos with glen and mar. love your hair, too. had a great time, eh?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:09 AM Quote
where did you go ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:13 AM Quote
We did have a great time! You were totally going nuts. That dive from the balcony into the crowd was classic!!

It was funny because there was always a person sized hole next to me. I don't know if I stank but I was laughing because there was room for my imaginary date.

But seriously it was a really special show. You could tell they thought so too. They were so loose, lots of great stories. They came back for two encores and the last song he had us all snapping, everyone was singing, and they stayed on stage while everyone left. Several times Glen said how amazed he was at the crowd and you could tell he really really meant it.

I'll give more details tomorrow. I want to take some time to write out some of the stories, they were so funny. He said one thing about Irish men that I immediately wrote in my phone because it was too good. Finally starting to wind down so I should try and get some sleep.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 6:20 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
where did you go ?

I saw Swell Season play - the guy Glen H. is the lead singer of the Frames and the girl is a Czech musician Marketa I. (please don't make me look it up right now). They did a fantastic movie called Once that features fantastic music they wrote and performed. They also did an album together a few years back.

So it was songs from the movie, songs from their album, some new ones, some Frames stuff, and a cover of Justin Timberlake's Cry Me a River.

Jude saw them a few days ago (another boardie did as well, blanking right now which one) and since we both went alone we've been joking that we were each other's virtual dates.

Paul got a shout-out because he loves loves love the Frames. Figured he'd get a kick out of it. Wish you could see Glen better but oh well.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 1:14 PM Quote

Oh my word, that is absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much!! What did you say to him about me???

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Oh my word, that is absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much!! What did you say to him about me???

I just said I knew a guy online from Ireland who loves the Frames and goes on and on about them and him. He smiled and said that was great and told me to tell you hi. That's when I asked him to say it for the camera. Again, so sorry it's so dark. There was a light behind him and it seemed brighter when we were standing there.

During the show he said that Irish guys hate conflict more than anything in the world and will do anything to avoid it. He said there is a tried and true defense mechanism to watch out for. They'll sidestep, guffaw, and slip into nonsense. He even had movements for each step of this process. It was so hilarious.

He then said the one trick that works is to take your jacket and turn it inside out. Apparently Irish guys are bound by certain laws and if you do that they are bound to communicate with you.

I was about to fall on the ground I was laughing so hard. He's revealed all of your secrets Paul!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
love the stories! i'm glad we had a wonderful time :-)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
I was just looking at the pic of me and Glen. There is a lot of blue in the pic (eyes, jacket/shirt).

So he also told the story behind a Frames song that is just about the weirdest funniest gift I've ever heard of.

When he was 16 he was madly in love with his girl who was a total goth- black, death, the Cure, the whole thing. For Christmas he wanted to get her something amazing. He said, "a marriage proposal just wasn't a grand enough gesture. I mean, she was my girl, she was it."

So he saved and saved for something that was going to cost 500 (pounds I assume, though he didn't say). He worked his butt off and didn't get any other family or friends a gift that year.

Christmas evening he jumped the fence with her into the cemetery and led her to her present: a hole in the ground. He jumped into the hole and said, "Will you be buried aside me?" He said since she was so Goth she totally got it and thought this was the best present ever.

HE GOT HER A BURIAL PLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This experience inspired the song "Lay Me Down" which he said is basically about a guy who wants to work, come home, watch a little telly with his lady, and know that she will be buried next to him one day.

Jude did he tell that story in Cali?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
Ah our Glen. Same stories as when i saw The Frames in February

http://file028b.bebo.com/15/large/2007/02/25/03/131086866a3708348069b85707827l.jpg

Ah memories! :)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I was just looking at the pic of me and Glen. There is a lot of blue in the pic (eyes, jacket/shirt).

So he also told the story behind a Frames song that is just about the weirdest funniest gift I've ever heard of.

When he was 16 he was madly in love with his girl who was a total goth- black, death, the Cure, the whole thing. For Christmas he wanted to get her something amazing. He said, "a marriage proposal just wasn't a grand enough gesture. I mean, she was my girl, she was it."

So he saved and saved for something that was going to cost 500 (pounds I assume, though he didn't say). He worked his butt off and didn't get any other family or friends a gift that year.

Christmas evening he jumped the fence with her into the cemetery and led her to her present: a hole in the ground. He jumped into the hole and said, "Will you be buried aside me?" He said since she was so Goth she totally got it and thought this was the best present ever.

HE GOT HER A BURIAL PLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This experience inspired the song "Lay Me Down" which he said is basically about a guy who wants to work, come home, watch a little telly with his lady, and know that she will be buried next to him one day.

Jude did he tell that story in Cali?

yah! then some girl in the audience yelled, "buy me a hole!" glen had a shocked/embarrassed look on his face. HAHA! gotta love irish storytelling.

nice blue-themed photos indeed!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Ah our Glen. Same stories as when i saw The Frames in February

http://file028b.bebo.com/15/large/2007/02/25/03/131086866a3708348069b85707827l.jpg

Ah memories! :)

He looks shocked and you look almost angry. What's up with that? Where's the big Paul grins I'm used to in fan pics?

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 9:43 PM Quote
ah, nice one paul!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:47 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
He looks shocked and you look almost angry. What's up with that? Where's the big Paul grins I'm used to in fan pics?

That's my "i'm smiling without showing insanely happy" fan-smile ;)

And he was shocked. I don't think he realised anyone would recognise him outside of Ireland- let alone meeting 4 Irish fans for pictures! Haha

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:58 AM Quote
Buying a burial plot is probably a very romantic gesture if you're goth lol

I just noticed something from looking at the pictures... either this guy has grown since meeting Paul, or Paul is definitely a lot taller than our weird mommy :oP

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:28 AM