Travis

Saturday, July 11, 1998
T In The Park, Balado, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 4 Upload Photo

Reviews: 2 Post Review
weepixie Posted: 06-10-04 10:52
It was my first interrail trip all alone. I went all the way from Austria to Scotland by train just to experience U16 girls live!
It was nice and sunny at the first day but the second day it was pissing down and I was crawling in mud! What I learned: Enjoy it like the Scots do, no matter what the weather is... "just have a wee beer lass"
Travis was great...cos I?m so happy when you?re so happy. God, its been so long ago...
wee rhona roo Posted: 13-10-04 2:45
Another T- in the Park and although the fabulous prodigy were playing my main reason for being so excited was that TRAVIS were there. The first day was scorching. I was up nice and early from my pint sized tent ready for action.
I normally prefer to go to T on my own as I have a habit of wandering off seeing stuff but this year I took concert virgin Steph, my then boyfriend's sister (Ian is now my husband). Our tent was ickle and even though my arse was a lot smaller than it is now it was still a tight squeeze.
I had a walk about and travis were on mid afternoon so I started walking into the crowd just after the James Taylor Quartet (I think that was that year). I was in luck many concert virgins methinks. It was easy to mooch into the front as soon as a rocking band comes on most will faint or give up and move. A kid in heels was applying make up in the mosh pit I kid ye not!
Steph was feeling squashed just before travis came on but that was nothing to when they played. Tight up the front no mistake. I was leaping about like a nutter and as peeps jumped I moved to the front(ah breathing room finally). The gig was superb and they should've been much higher up the bill for the crowd and reaction they got but hey that's life.
Afterwards Robbie Williams was due to come on which I was keen to see. Steph then pipes up she doesn't like Robbie(now a big fan), wants food and to go now. I was not a happy reveller as I thought I could've stayed put for the prodigy. FOOD IS FOR THE WEAK!!!!
Let it be known I watched the prodigy from a spot way back and as I couldn't see F*** all I climbed onto a wheelie bin to watch it. The horror of it all.
The next day was a total wash out. Our tent basically floated away my pager(the days b4 mobiles!) got flooded and packed in. I lost my trainer in the mud and Steph was bubbling away so I amited defeat and we call my in-laws for a lift home. We were so covered in muck that we were put in black bin bags before being allowed in the car.
Fair to say I have never taken her to a gig since.
Thank God Travis was on the Saturday as I would have left her in the mud on Sunday if they had and buggered off to the site.
My ticket stub is still intact for the Sunday. I don't want to mention the bands I missed that day it would just depress me.
TRAVIS made the weekend worthwhile and less angry at missing Sunday.
THANK THE LORD FOR TRAVIS. Amen
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
August
29 Reading Festival, Reading, UK 
July
11 T In The Park, Balado, UK 
03 Bude Surf and Rock Festival, Cornwall, UK 
May
31 Rock Am Ring, Nuerburgring-Eifel, DE 
March
27 The Picket, Liverpool, UK