Travis

Re: Graham Norton Show: 2nd Oct
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
Song To Self I really hope. Or Something Anything. :)

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Ooh its like waiting for a mini gig!

lovedogjoe
lovedogjoe Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
i hope they will play something anything. Anyway, i'll like whatever they play! ^^ Thanks for the news~

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
play:

quite free
song to self
chinese blues

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
They did Song To Self. And very good it was too. Glad they did. It is the next single after all. :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
They played Song To Self.

It'll be on the iPlayer for the next 7 days, and it is repeated on Sunday.

They're on right at the end, with the credits rolling all over them. (Kind of spoilt it for me, they could've waited)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

They're on right at the end, with the credits rolling all over them. (Kind of spoilt it for me, they could've waited)

I know but Graham did say they would be playing the show out . They did come back to Fran for the last chords though and most was just them. Travis would have been more interesting in interview than the two guys GN had on , thought that was bit boring.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:

I know but Graham did say they would be playing the show out . They did come back to Fran for the last chords though and most was just them. Travis would have been more interesting in interview than the two guys GN had on , thought that was bit boring.

To be fair you're right they didn't cut Travis off which i feared at first. Good performance, great single. Hopefully they do more TV stuff when it comes out. Maybe they're leaving Jools and Wossie until closer to its release. Also, i didn't think it was that bad. I liked seeing him from The Simpsons do the voices. Was interesting. Never normally watch Graham's show but i thought it was ok actually. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
Yeah , I guess it was me just not interested in them really , rather than it not being entertaining . GN is funny though :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Yeah , I guess it was me just not interested in them really , rather than it not being entertaining . GN is funny though :)

Yeah, he's good. I like him. Might watch it next week. Don't know who he has on. I didn't realise that guy did so many voices in The Simpsons. About 6 or 7.

Grant
Grant Posted Fri 03 Oct, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
I really don't think song to self was the right choice. It's just not the best song to promote a record (one of the weakest on the album in my opinion).

They need to do more catchy ones. Something Anything or Long Way Down would have been much better.

owenlee
owenlee Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 4:41 AM Quote
What a pity Travis still haven't played on Jools Holland for Ode.
By contrast, Stereophonics even played on Jools JUST for their greatest hits...They even played Maybe Tomorrow which they've done before on Jools. Shame on them Stereophonics.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 10:07 AM Quote
owenlee wrote:
What a pity Travis still haven't played on Jools Holland for Ode.

Jools, get Travis on this year's Hootenanny!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:17 AM