Travis

Re: ODE TO J. SMITH STREAM
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
Thanks Fran!!!
I've heard a little and I must say that I really love all the songs *.*
But, from this moment, I'll be strong and I'm going to resist until the release.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Eledh wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ah! I told myself that I wouldn't listen until the album came out, but ooohhh...too tempting! whattodo, whattodo!!

*puts on her myspace pace suit*

Click me, Sandy, Click me!

XD

Great songs, anyway. I will never stop saying that Last Words gives me chills. In a good way.
*_* Thanks, Fran.

lol...yeah, I have NO will power whatsoever! I'm on it now, just about to listen to Chinese Blues. I can't wait until my album comes in the mail though!

What site did you pre-order from, Sandy?

Nikki, Anne, and potanitally Sandy, you need to let me know if your pre-ordering worked! if you get your albums in the mail next week and i will order one as well. I think Nikki and Anne, you did it from Amazon?

Mmmmmhmmmm. I like how we're your guinea pigs. lol! Kidding. ;) That's cool. I'll let you know. Yep! Anniqua and I ordered the UK import from the US Amazon. If all goes according to plan, it should arrive on our doorsteps Oct. 6!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Eledh wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ah! I told myself that I wouldn't listen until the album came out, but ooohhh...too tempting! whattodo, whattodo!!

*puts on her myspace pace suit*

Click me, Sandy, Click me!

XD

Great songs, anyway. I will never stop saying that Last Words gives me chills. In a good way.
*_* Thanks, Fran.

lol...yeah, I have NO will power whatsoever! I'm on it now, just about to listen to Chinese Blues. I can't wait until my album comes in the mail though!

What site did you pre-order from, Sandy?

Nikki, Anne, and potanitally Sandy, you need to let me know if your pre-ordering worked! if you get your albums in the mail next week and i will order one as well. I think Nikki and Anne, you did it from Amazon?

Mmmmmhmmmm. I like how we're your guinea pigs. lol! Kidding. ;) That's cool. I'll let you know. Yep! Anniqua and I ordered the UK import from the US Amazon. If all goes according to plan, it should arrive on our doorsteps Oct. 6!

you are indeed! I was going to pre-order it and take the risk, but i didnt want to risk it with it coming from the States. Amazon.ca has what looks like the japanese import and says it will be released Sept 29th, but says it doesnt know when it will be in stock, so...im waiting on you, and the apperently now named Anniqua

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
Yeah that sounds even sketchier than the US Amazon's site. I am trying not to get my hopes up because it just seems too easy but we will definitely let you know.

Yes, I am sometimes called Anniqua. : )

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
I got my boyfriend to pre-order it for me...I think he got it from the recordstore. Should I have gotten it from Amazon.com?

I ordered the Something Anything bundle from here too, and I got it the day it was released..the 15th, was it? I'm hoping that'll be the case with the album!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Yeah that sounds even sketchier than the US Amazon's site. I am trying not to get my hopes up because it just seems too easy but we will definitely let you know.

Yes, I am sometimes called Anniqua. : )

Can i call you Annie Anne Anderson the 3rd?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Can i call you Annie Anne Anderson the 3rd?

If you buy me a pony, sure!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
A leak for sure! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Should I have gotten it from Amazon.com?

Well, we don't really know for sure if ours will arrive on time or not, so I guess we'll all have to wait a few days and see. So excited! :o)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
I was kind of planning on a big eventful day of voting and album buying on November 4. The kids have the day off school that day. It could be like a party. A party that the rest of the world has already been to, and I am showing up after everyone has gone home. Maybe Juli will be there.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I was kind of planning on a big eventful day of voting and album buying on November 4. The kids have the day off school that day. It could be like a party. A party that the rest of the world has already been to, and I am showing up after everyone has gone home. Maybe Juli will be there.

it could be a sad party depending on who is elected.

Annie Anne Anderson the 3rd, do you want me to buy you a My Little Pony?
Ps-this thread is really off track.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
I can't get over how knockout this is. Its sensational , I hope they play all at the gig :)

Friends is all sexed up , Yeah!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:04 PM Quote

Chinese blues - rock - great, great.. - single

Last words - Let it be - The Beatles - Incredible - single

Friends - beautiful - single - a song to listen with a cup of tea

This album take the hand of The Man Who.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
I honestly can't get over just how good Last Words is.

This is night & day different from TBWNN. I remember hearing, for example, One Night and seeing a thread raving about how great it was on here, but compared to some of these songs, everything on TBWNN was routine, even bland.

This album contains the best potential singles since The Man Who - ie the best for an entire decade. Song to Self, Last Words and frankly any of Chinese Blues/Friends/Quite Free/Before You Were Young etc are up there with Turn/Driftwood/WDIAROM. PROMOTE IT!!!!

Magic. That's what it is. TBWNN had sod all. Battleships was nice but sounded like a reworked Driftwood. My Eyes was nice but sounded like a reworked Flowers in the Window. One Night was good but sounded like a reworked The Cage. Closer was nice but.....blah blah blah. (all just my opinion, obviously)

Hearing Last Words brought back memories of me sneaking my brother's copy of The Man Who into my room and listening to it for the first time; hearing Driftwood and just falling in love. That's the emotional attachment that makes Travis stand ahead of every other band I've ever listened to.

And it's back.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
I like how "Long Way Down" kinda tickles the ear drums at the beginning with the left, right, left, right speaker switches. Cooool.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:51 AM