Travis

International Promotion
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:13 AM Quote
I don't know why, but i think this HUGE album must to be promote a little bit more international, i don't know if in each country the new songs are playing. But however, in my country, no video, no songs on radio. I used to hear Closer on my local radio, unfortunately, that was the only single they play. But not the new songs, is it gonna be some promotion later? (the album is realising on November) So i hope so, this album looks to be amazing. And i mean, not in the sense of show very commercial band, but just that people can notice that TRAVIS is BACK and have a NEW SINGLE and a NEW ALBUM.

Re: International Promotion
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:45 AM Quote
Mate, same here. Was telling a friend last night about how Something Anything didn't chart well. We got onto Song To Self. He loved it. I said 'if they promote it, it'll do really well.' His reply... 'I think they'll promote it as they've not released something in quite a while.' I was like 'no, you don't understand, that song I just spoke of was released last week!'

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:47 AM Quote
This night I saw the 'Song to self' video on MTV - at 3 am. I think that's as much airplay as they get. The 'classics' are played at some radio stations from time to time, but I haven't heard new stuff around here yet.. it's a shame. I think the album would do really well if more people knew about it ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 6:30 AM Quote
I heard J. Smith on the radio at 3am the other night! (Made my week lol).
And I know they played in on another one. Two important radio stations of Argentina.
I don't know how much Travis has to do with it, considering J. Smith is not a single here and the album is being released on nov 4th. But at least there are some people in the media who like Travis :oP.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 7:30 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I heard J. Smith on the radio at 3am the other night! (Made my week lol).
And I know they played in on another one. Two important radio stations of Argentina.

Lucky you!!!

I wish we could hear new Travis songs on the local radio! As Jesus said, people needs to know that TRAVIS IS BACK WITH A GREAT ALBUM!!!!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
ok this doesn't really belong here, but for all German-speakers on the board:

The magazine "jetzt" (well it used to be a magazine supplement to a German newspaper, now it's an online-magazine with a community) has done an interview with Fran.

It's right here:
www.jetzt.de

Well, they call Travis a "Superpopband", but at least a non-music-magazine has written something positive about them. It seems that these days German journalists have "better things to do" than writing about Travis *sighs*

(The headline reads: "Mr Travis explains why Berlin is better than London" ;p)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:19 AM