Travis

Inverness Setlist
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 9:10 AM Quote
Anyone know it? Curios to know what to expect on thurs.

Re: Inverness Setlist
Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:27 AM Quote
yes pleaase =)

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:55 AM Quote
oooh yes please!! xx

Nevermore
Nevermore Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
Deleted....double post!

Nevermore
Nevermore Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:09 PM Quote
I'm dreadful for remembering song titles so even worse to recall all of a setlist! But I can tell you that since the support act were detained at Gatwick because of a lack of work permits Travis were their own support act! Great for us the audience because we got so much more time with Travis on stage! In the support slot they played a lot of songs from the new album 'Ode to J Smith'....including Broken Mirror, Last Words and Song to Self if memory serves correctly. Don't think the rest of the tour will be quite as lucky for the audience as having the extra hour with Travis!

For the main part of the gig it was all my favourites, their best known hits....including All I want to do is rock, Tied to the 90s, Happy, Side, Closer, Driftwood, Flowers in the Window, Sing and Why does it always rain on me?......obviously more but hopefully someone else will recall the entire setlist.......! Oh and they played a very good B side....could well have been the B side to 'Ode to J Smith'.

There were some rather drunk women near us who talked so loudly throughout the gig that despite the loud music at times they were drowning out what Travis was saying so I missed some titles of songs.....not quite sure why folk go to gigs if they don't want to listen to the music....unless its just to spoil it for others!

laticsmon
laticsmon Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:38 PM Quote
How long did they play the main set for?

Nevermore
Nevermore Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
laticsmon wrote:
How long did they play the main set for?

Since I forgot my watch and my mobile it'd at best be a guess! All I know is that I arrived at the Ironworks between 7.15/7.30.....they played their first set some time after 8.00/8.30 ish maybe. Had normal length interval and I'd say finished after/around 11pm since it was c11.15pm when I left. So main set including encore between 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Nevermore wrote:
But I can tell you that since the support act were detained at Gatwick because of a lack of work permits Travis were their own support act! Great for us the audience because we got so much more time with Travis on stage!

I won't mind if more support bands are detained because of work permits if it means longer slots from Travis ! :-D

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
Wow, that's pretty cool!!!
Rupublic Tigers should be sorted before Thursday for Edinburgh (dammit!!! lol!!)

Sounds like it was a great gig!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
Wow! Amazing!
And Tied To The 90s?! I really wish I had been there!

EDIT: TWT are uploading photos from the Inverness gig! Now there's only one now (right now) but I swear I just saw a second one of Fran and Dougie that now is gone xD. Hopefully it'll be back on in a sec :oP

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
flower_in_the_window wrote:
Wow, that's pretty cool!!!
Rupublic Tigers should be sorted before Thursday for Edinburgh (dammit!!! lol!!)

Sounds like it was a great gig!

Ok who could we get to "detain" the Republic Tigers somewhere so we can have more Travis for the gigs??? You lucky devils getting extra stuff!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
ahaha.... Some unsafe tigers at bay ! If seen - capture immediately! Courtesy J.Smith

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Don't know about the setlist but TWT have posted some nice photos of the gig in the tour archive. I love the group hug to kick off the tour :-)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Don't know about the setlist but TWT have posted some nice photos of the gig in the tour archive. I love the group hug to kick off the tour :-)

I love that one too! Very sweet. :)

juskho
juskho Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
They played the whole "Ode to J. Smith" and
(I was lucky enough to get the hold of the 2nd setlist)
Sing
Selfish Jean
WTRY
Pipe Dreams
Beautiful Occupation
Side
Love Will Come Through
Closer
Song To Self
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Flowers In The Window