rebekah Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
it is tonight right?

Who's going?

lucky people!

Must tell all (:

Re: First UK gig tonight
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
I can't wait to see what the setlist looks like :-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Oooo, didn't realise it was tonight. I'd love to know the set list before I go sleep tonight. lol Didn't Dougie say longer set lists recently? Arrgh!!! :)

Light
Light Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 8:26 AM Quote
Curious how it was. Aww, bulletin!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 9:13 AM Quote
From the Tour Archive

Nevermore wrote:-
Quote:
"What a fantastic night.....this was my first Travis gig and wow! They were absolutely excellent.....and what a bonus to have them do their own support! Loved the new songs and so many old favourites to. Really looking forward to getting to another gig.

As for Fran.....always did think he was a lovely guy but that opinion has been strengthened tonight.......the world needs more like him!"

Own support? What does that mean? Intriguing, please tell us more.

Was this as well as The Republic Tigers? What songs did they play, especially in the support slot?

Did anyone else go last night?

Nevermore
Nevermore Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

Was this as well as The Republic Tigers? What songs did they play, especially in the support slot?

I'm dreadful for remembering song titles so even worse to recall all of a setlist! But I can tell you that since the support act, The Republic Tigers, were detained at Gatwick because of a lack of work permits Travis were their own support act! Great for us the audience because we got so much more time with Travis on stage! In the support slot they played a lot of songs from the new album 'Ode to J Smith'....including Broken Mirror, Last Words and Song to Self if memory serves correctly. Don't think the rest of the tour will be quite as lucky for the audience as having the extra hour with Travis!

For the main part of the gig it was all my favourites, their best known hits....including All I want to do is rock, Tied to the 90s, Happy, Side, Driftwood, Flowers in the Window, Sing and Why does it always rain on me?......obviously more but hopefully someone else will recall the entire setlist.......! Oh and they played a very good B side....could well have been the B side to 'Ode to J Smith'.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Nevermore wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:

I'm dreadful for remembering song titles so even worse to recall all of a setlist! But I can tell you that since the support act, The Republic Tigers, were detained at Gatwick because of a lack of work permits Travis were their own support act! Great for us the audience because we got so much more time with Travis on stage! In the support slot they played a lot of songs from the new album 'Ode to J Smith'....including Broken Mirror, Last Words and Song to Self if memory serves correctly. Don't think the rest of the tour will be quite as lucky for the audience as having the extra hour with Travis!

For the main part of the gig it was all my favourites, their best known hits....including All I want to do is rock, Tied to the 90s, Happy, Side, Driftwood, Flowers in the Window, Sing and Why does it always rain on me?......obviously more but hopefully someone else will recall the entire setlist.......! Oh and they played a very good B side....could well have been the B side to 'Ode to J Smith'.

WOOW! how cool! an extra hour of Travis? Lucky lucky people!!!!! am soo jealous!

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
Wow support and main feature! That sounds amazing! I'm sure anyone who went had a blast!

Anyone go to the gig and remember any merchandise they were selling?

Thanks =]

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
:O !!!! That is amazing!!! I wonder how many songs they played total! I want to see a set list SO badly! And good question about the new merch...what do the T-shirts look like?!? Eee! I'm so geeked for this!!! :D

EDIT: Also, how did they open the show??? Did they play any special music or cut through the crowd? Or maybe they came out of the ceiling hanging from wires??? lol! Kidding. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
Nevermore wrote:
But I can tell you that since the support act, The Republic Tigers, were detained at Gatwick because of a lack of work permits Travis were their own support act!

Yeah for fans for double Travis action but that sucks for The Republic Tigers! Sheesh, how did that ball get dropped??

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:18 PM