Travis

Re: Something Anything UK Chart Position
Moray
Moray Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
According to yahoo music's top 75, Bonnie Tylers "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is at number 72. haha, what the hell is that all about?! Great song mind you.

As great as Something Anything is as a single, I think it's the album we're all really looking to. It's the most complete rounded work of songs the guys have done, so lets see how that does and how well it's received. Remember, it's a brand new record label. Now I don't know how that works for ditribution & promotion, but I imagine it'd be difficult to pitch the cd single right first time.

And hey, if Travis are the forgotten sons of the UK for the time being, so be it, it's everyone's loss but ours. And look at how well they're received across the rest of the world. Look at the shows they're playing and the size of the crowds, etc. I'm not overly worried. The music still matters, and as long as that never changes, it's all good for me.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
According to yahoo music's top 75, Bonnie Tylers "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is at number 72. haha, what the hell is that all about?! Great song mind you.

As great as Something Anything is as a single, I think it's the album we're all really looking to. It's the most complete rounded work of songs the guys have done, so lets see how that does and how well it's received. Remember, it's a brand new record label. Now I don't know how that works for ditribution & promotion, but I imagine it'd be difficult to pitch the cd single right first time.

And hey, if Travis are the forgotten sons of the UK for the time being, so be it, it's everyone's loss but ours. And look at how well they're received across the rest of the world. Look at the shows they're playing and the size of the crowds, etc. I'm not overly worried. The music still matters, and as long as that never changes, it's all good for me.

I agree with everything you said, but you can't help but be annoyed when a really amazing single doesn't even chart and something from 20 years ago does! It just doesn't make sense.

The UK charts have gone to the dogs in my opinion! As quite a few people have said what is the point of releasing singles these days? Without promotion or airplay there is no point apart from getting some great b sides. It's all about whether the TV and radio stations will really get behind the song and promote it themselves aswell!

One single released from 'Ode...' and I bet hardly anyone even knows Travis have got an album coming out! It is disappointing because it's not as if Travis are making crap music and that's why it's not charting. They in my eyes (no pun intended haha) are still a vital band in today's music.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 3:28 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

It's on the Cadbury's ad

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
I have the Ode to J.Smith cover as my pic on facebook with the release date underneath. I'm doing my bit to promote!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 4:00 AM