Travis

Something Anything UK Chart Position
travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
When will we learn it exactly?I know many of us don't give a damn about it but c'mon, we do wonder where it's going to place.

Any predictions?

Re: Something Anything UK Chart Position
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
Well, I don't think we'll hear it in the top 40 countdown. We'll have to look at the top 100 chart and scroll down to the bottom lol. If it has charted at all. Do you like my optimism? :P Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but...

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Well, I don't think we'll hear it in the top 40 countdown. We'll have to look at the top 100 chart and scroll down to the bottom lol. If it has charted at all. Do you like my optimism? :P Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but...

As far as I could read from the board,i can predict that it is not well-promoted,but c'mon are you serious about the top 100 thing :s?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:

As far as I could read from the board,i can predict that it is not well-promoted,but c'mon are you serious about the top 100 thing :s?

Well it's not in the top 100 downloads on iTunes for a start. :/

mili
mili Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 2:43 PM Quote

Sorry, not there.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Sorry, not there.

you mean it's not in top 40 :-O ?Where did you see it?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Sorry, not there.

No we have to wait till I think it's 7:00 tonight before the top 100 updates for this week's chart.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
mili wrote:

Sorry, not there.

you mean it's not in top 40 :-O ?Where did you see it?

I mean the itunes store chart. If you have itunes go to the itunes store and click on 'top songs' on the right hand side (although I guess it will be Turkey's downloads to you). It's not the official chart, but gives an indication of what people are downloading at the moment. And as far as I can see, if they're not in the top 100 downloads, I wouldn't hold you breath for them being in the official top 40.

oflo84
oflo84 Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
Tuesday Midweek showed that Something Anything would be 110...

martina
martina Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 4:02 PM Quote
110? This is far worse than I'd thought... I was hoping for a 45 or something like that...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
martina wrote:
110? This is far worse than I'd thought... I was hoping for a 45 or something like that...

Closer had barely any promo and that got into the top 10! How come Something Anything is so unknown? :(

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
martina wrote:

Closer had barely any promo and that got into the top 10! How come Something Anything is so unknown? :(

Did Closer not have a cool video tho with that American IDIOT?!?! Is that not why it got so far up the charts? Ok so it was a good tune but it was played on Music channels alot. And it was kinda American.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
110 is somewhat dissapointing tho.Even "My Eyes",3rd single of TBWNN which was given away "freely" by a music magazine whose name I can't remember now,made it to 60 :s

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Ben Stiller is great. That probably helped BUT Closer had MUCH more promotion. More radio appearances. Plus Pop World, GMTV, Top Gear Of The Pops and Jools Holland.

It's simple! Not rocket science. Promotion = success. Travis are quality. They make great songs and release great singles but if nobody hears it, nobody will buy it.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Ben Stiller is great. That probably helped BUT Closer had MUCH more promotion. More radio appearances. Plus Pop World, GMTV, Top Gear Of The Pops and Jools Holland.

Yeah, there were radio appearances I suppose, but I only ever saw it on TV once, and I was quite into music channels at that point.

If anyone skulks on any other messageboards, try a tactful hint that if they don't come and check out some new Travis tracks you'll forcefullly rearrange their facial features.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:28 PM