Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
so are the sharks still in first place ?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
Nikki have you met the team yet?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 9:27 PM Quote
Not yet. This is happening mid-Feb. Oh, you will all know when I meet them, lol! :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
Nikki and Kayte should be happy girls today.
re:Z contract extension

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 1:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Not yet. This is happening mid-Feb. Oh, you will all know when I meet them, lol! :P

Haha I thought it was this week, must have got it wrong :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 4:35 PM Quote
Yep! Very happy girl!! YAY Z!!!!!!!!!

Zetterberg agrees to long-term deal with the Wings

DETROIT – The Red Wings plan to host a press conference this afternoon at 2 p.m. ET to announce that the club has agreed on a new long-term contract with star forward Henrik Zetterberg.

In his sixth season with the Wings, the new deal essentially amounts to a lifetime contract for the Swedish star, who has averaged 30 goals and 36 assists in each of his previous five NHL campaigns.

Last spring’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Zetterberg has 17 goals and 26 assists in 45 games this season.

The Red Wings drafted Zetterberg in 1999 with 209 prospects going before him that year. He joined Wings in 2002-03 as a 22-year-old rising star, who quickly gained the respect of teammates, as well as members of the organization’s front office staff.

Despite the nagging lower back injuries, Zetterberg has performed as an elite two-way player, and one of the most productive offensive wizards that the NHL has seen in recent years.

Last season, he put together his finest offensive totals, netting career-highs in goals (43), assists (49) and points (92) – that’s a 1.23 points per game average.

A highlight of his young career occurred in Game 4 when he locked-down Sidney Crosby’s stick on the side of the Red Wings’ net, preventing the Penguins’ star from scoring during Pittsburgh’s critical 5-on-3 power play late in the third period of a one-goal game.

Zetterberg, just the second European player to be named the playoff MVP – Nicklas Lidstrom was the first in 2002 – has told DetroitRedWings.com last season that he preferred to stay in Detroit and really didn’t have any other clubs on his radar.

WOOT!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

DETROIT – The Red Wings plan to host a press conference this afternoon at 2 p.m. ET to announce that the club has agreed on a new long-term contract with star forward Henrik Zetterberg.

In his sixth season with the Wings, the new deal essentially amounts to a lifetime contract for the Swedish star, who has averaged 30 goals and 36 assists in each of his previous five NHL campaigns.

Last spring’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Zetterberg has 17 goals and 26 assists in 45 games this season.

The Red Wings drafted Zetterberg in 1999 with 209 prospects going before him that year. He joined Wings in 2002-03 as a 22-year-old rising star, who quickly gained the respect of teammates, as well as members of the organization’s front office staff.

Despite the nagging lower back injuries, Zetterberg has performed as an elite two-way player, and one of the most productive offensive wizards that the NHL has seen in recent years.

Last season, he put together his finest offensive totals, netting career-highs in goals (43), assists (49) and points (92) – that’s a 1.23 points per game average.

A highlight of his young career occurred in Game 4 when he locked-down Sidney Crosby’s stick on the side of the Red Wings’ net, preventing the Penguins’ star from scoring during Pittsburgh’s critical 5-on-3 power play late in the third period of a one-goal game.

Zetterberg, just the second European player to be named the playoff MVP – Nicklas Lidstrom was the first in 2002 – has told DetroitRedWings.com last season that he preferred to stay in Detroit and really didn’t have any other clubs on his radar.

WOOT!

What they don't know is that they've "bought the pig in the sack"

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 1:52 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nikki wrote:

WOOT!

What they don't know is that they've "bought the pig in the sack"

Wow!!! It was a 12 year deal!!!!!! AWESOME. I think I need to get a Zetterberg jersey next. :)

Alex, what the heck does "bought the pig in the sack" mean? LOL. I've never heard that saying in my life.

*goes back to practicing how to pronounce "you're a good skater and have nice hair" in Swedish* :P I WILL say it to him!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Wow!!! It was a 12 year deal!!!!!! AWESOME. I think I need to get a Zetterberg jersey next. :)

Alex, what the heck does "bought the pig in the sack" mean? LOL. I've never heard that saying in my life.

*goes back to practicing how to pronounce "you're a good skater and have nice hair" in Swedish* :P I WILL say it to him!

Haha I guess that expression only exist in Sweden then, errmh it means something like: "You've been frod, he's no good", but I was only kidding ;) Don't get angry with me, I like mr Z too!

12 years, now that's some contract, is that normal? :O

LOL you're actually gonna say that to him, GREAT! Now I'm excited too :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 2:32 PM Quote
We have that phrase here. We say, "Pig in a poke." A "poke" is an old fashioned word for bag or sack, no one really uses that word anymore, except in that phrase. Remember on National Lampoon's European Vacation, the family was on a game show called Pig in a Poke?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 2:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We have that phrase here. We say, "Pig in a poke." A "poke" is an old fashioned word for bag or sack, no one really uses that word anymore, except in that phrase. Remember on National Lampoon's European Vacation, the family was on a game show called Pig in a Poke?

Oh you learn something new every day, thank's very much Turtle =)

Maybe I can use that for a song:

He's the pig in a poke
Crashes weddings, smoking dope...

Nah...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 2:47 PM Quote
What's this about Nikki getting to meet the team?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
What's this about Nikki getting to meet the team?

i filed that next to the spring tour dates

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 3:46 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

We do? LOL. Maybe if you're 85 years old. ;) I have never heard that saying either.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

We do? LOL. Maybe if you're 85 years old. ;) I have never heard that saying either.

Thanks for that One Nikkster!

Pages Previous 1...41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:30 AM