ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:03 AM Quote
big woop, the crowd singing along to journey was uber lame

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Ric! You're supposed to be a Wings fan!!!!!!!! And yeah...it IS a big woop. We just OWNED the Sharks.

Darran & Kristy: Did either one of you see highlights from the Tampa Bay/Colorado shootout?!?!?! WTF was that?? I would be SO pissed if I was Tampa Bay right now. That wasn't even close to throwing the stick. And I officialy hate that rule that it's an automatic goal! WHAT? That doesn't even make sense! If anything, they should just re-do the shot...like a penalty shot for the shootout shot. Sucks that that horrible call cost them the game.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 9:48 AM Quote
It was an atrocious decision. Really poor. As a former goalie I would have freaked like Smith too.

I had a goal given against me once in the 1st period of a game when I made a save and clearly caught the puck in my catcher but the butt end of my stick hit the net and the net judge gave a goal. The ref agreed and I and my team went bananas. I mean I really went bananas chasing the ref down the rink.

I just about survived being thrown out out the game, due to being pushed away by my teammates as they tried to calm me down. To cap it all off end of the first period the ref skates over and says they are taking the goal that never was off.

I'm still annoyed about it to this day actually after watching that.

Us goalies stick together*

*Except Farty.

On a side note, the Lightning jerseys are horrible and what the hell happened in Boston! All four goalies used. :-D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Sundin is a Canuck now.
Poor poor Vancouver

You want to make out with his bold head, I know it.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
I missed that story, time to laugh at my Canuck friend via facebook.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Sundin is a Canuck now.
Poor poor Vancouver

I just threw up a little in my mouth

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Sundin is a Canuck now.
Poor poor Vancouver

I just threw up a little in my mouth

Is that your way of showing excitement?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Ric! You're supposed to be a Wings fan!!!!!!!! And yeah...it IS a big woop. We just OWNED the Sharks.

Whatever ! but did they have to sing along with don't stop believing while they're kicking San Joses' ass ?

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
My football team came out to that last Saturday, was quite a chuckle.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
It was an atrocious decision. Really poor. As a former goalie I would have freaked like Smith too.

I had a goal given against me once in the 1st period of a game when I made a save and clearly caught the puck in my catcher but the butt end of my stick hit the net and the net judge gave a goal. The ref agreed and I and my team went bananas. I mean I really went bananas chasing the ref down the rink.

I just about survived being thrown out out the game, due to being pushed away by my teammates as they tried to calm me down. To cap it all off end of the first period the ref skates over and says they are taking the goal that never was off.

I'm still annoyed about it to this day actually after watching that.

Us goalies stick together*

*Except Farty.

On a side note, the Lightning jerseys are horrible and what the hell happened in Boston! All four goalies used. :-D

Uhhgg! I would have gone bananas too, Darran! When a call is so blatantly wrong like that I tend to flip out and scream at my TV, lol. Oh, and I completely concur about the Lightning's new jerseys! WTF! It says "BOLTS" across the front. LAME. It's like every time I go to watch a hockey game one or both teams are wearing jerseys I've never seen before. I can't stand it. Pick a damn jersey and stick with it. Glad the Wings don't mess with a good thing.

Oh yeah, and that Boston goalie situation was messed up! lol.

Ric, the crowd at the Joe were singing along to everything last night! They were pumped!! People here like that Journey song because the lyrics say "South Detroit"...they like to yell that part out I guess.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
Do they also like singing along when stupid greasy people have songs that say "Northern Mighigan" ? I hope not, especially since you arent in N. Mighigan.

the funny thing about the 'Bolts' jersey, is that when a Sens blogger/journalist dude was writing about their 3rd jersey he was annoyed that it just said "Sens" and was like "whats next? The Lightning are just going to say "Bolts"? "

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Ric, the crowd at the Joe were singing along to everything last night! They were pumped!! People here like that Journey song because the lyrics say "South Detroit"...they like to yell that part out I guess.

BUT ! is there a district named SOUTH DETROIT ? And it's sung by some tool from Fresno Calif

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 9:51 PM Quote
This will keep Nikki happy. I just lost 3-2 to The Redwings on NHL 09

I did get an assist on the first Flames goal though, well it was my goal until it was redirected.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2745566

Watch it in full screen for a better experience.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
I just scored a beauty End to End Goal and for Kristy's Mark Messier sake I used my snapshot

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2746386

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I just scored a beauty End to End Goal and for Kristy's Mark Messier sake I used my snapshot

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2746386

it doesnt want to let me view your Messier-esque moves. Im sure it was a beaut though.

Pages Previous 1...20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:15 PM