Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
oi! the program he got put into is for 10 days!
TEN DAYS!

How are they going to fix his what, 28 years of jackassery in 10 days?! I think what he really needs is for his mother to go and slap him.

Apperently it will be extended if necessary. IF necessary.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
Wooden Spoon time.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Wooden Spoon time.

You know ALLLL about that.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
So, I don't understand how they can let him go if they have a contract for 4 or 5 years. Would they just say he was in breach of the contract for all the crap he did? What happens?

I am sooooo glad they didn't take him back though. Woopeee!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
So, I don't understand how they can let him go if they have a contract for 4 or 5 years. Would they just say he was in breach of the contract for all the crap he did? What happens?

I am sooooo glad they didn't take him back though. Woopeee!!

He isnt ACTUALLY gone. He is still getting paid, under contract, etc. he just wont be playing.
Trying to claim that the contract should be voided would end up costing them more in the long run. The NHLPA would have a fit. Even if they do probably hate him.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
So, they continue to pay him the $15.5 million over the 4 years even though he won't be playing? I guess that's the part I don't get. Sorry...I must be really thick today or something. It's monday.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
At this point, yes. Mostly because no one else wants him. They dont have many options.
But...
The Stars said the team will continue to honor Avery's contract while exploring all options for his hockey future consistent with the terms of his counseling

And Nik..new Duthie
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=259763

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
"Dec. 12 - Dejected columnist realizes he has spent half a day researching a story he was sick of five months ago. Sticks pen in eye."

LOL! Duthie Rules!

You know what. Screw Sundin! These players make SO much flippin' money it's absurd! Just play the game cuz you love it, ya know?? You are set for life!!

Hossa took WAAAAAAAAAAY less money to come to Detroit because he knew this was a great organization to play for and he wants to win. That's the spirit!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
guess you havent heard the rumour that he only signed a one year contract because there might be a giant deal for him in Russia next year.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Tonight we play "the villains." Dun dun daaaaaaah! (evil music)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
guess you havent heard the rumour that he only signed a one year contract because there might be a giant deal for him in Russia next year.

With who?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Tonight we play "the villains." Dun dun daaaaaaah! (evil music)

LOL!! Your kids are too cute, Kayte! :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
This is what i read on the weekend:

While listening to the chatter on the TV during the second intermission, it was speculated the Vancouver Canucks have a grand plan to unite Marian Hossa, Pavol Demitra and Marian Gaborik in a couple of years. Hossa signed a one-year deal with the Detroit Red Wings and Gaborik -- if he's not traded by the Minnesota Wild this season -- can become an unrestricted free agent. Vancouver signed Demitra through the 2009-10 season. "Not what I'm hearing," said one observer. "Hossa signed a one-year deal with the best team for a shot at the Cup. He turned down, what, $90 million? You don't do that without having a plan. The word is he's got a deal to go to Russia like (Jaromir) Jagr got."

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
Oh! You're talking about Hossa. Sorry, thought you meant Sundin. No...I haven't heard that rumor. When we win the cup this year, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to stay. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
*rolls eyes*

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:01 PM