Travis

Thetford Gig
DarrenW
DarrenW Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:29 AM Quote
Just back - absolutely awesome gig! So many highlights - Humpty Dumpty Love song, As you are, Flowers in the window acoustic (Just fran on the guitar with the rest of the band (and Klaus) all stood around him joining in, Why does it Always Rain on me (1 and a bit times because his string broke a few seconds into his first attempt), All I wanna do is rock, Selfish Jean....wow!

Fran was called in to break up a fight in the crowd in the latter stages (The security at the event was pretty poor to be honest, too many drunks being allowed to do whatever they pleased which included throwing drinks at Travis as they walked through the crowd to Eye of the Tiger) and he was on top form.

Also a big up for the support bands - Myles from Juno Falls - wow! A cross between Damien Rice, Thom Yorke with a bit of U2 mixed in - all done on the acoustic guitar, fantastic. The Hours - great live band and I will definetly be looking out for the album.

All in all a superb night, my kids loved it and hopefully my 9 year old is now hooked on live music. Watching him pogo to Why does it Always Rain on Me was the icing on the cake!

Re: Thetford Gig
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
aww...that was nice to read!
Fran breaking up a fight, huh?
Glad you had fun, and i hope your kids are hooked!

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 12:51 AM Quote
glad you had a good time, it's a shame there was a few intent on spoiling it for others.

DarrenW
DarrenW Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 9:46 AM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Fran breaking up a fight, huh?

Two guys near the front wouldnt stop hitting each other so Fran starts shouting at them, calling security (who were no where to be seen) but all in a jokey way. I loved his line "Man, youve come to see Travis, not Metallica, Peace Out Man!"

Noodle82
Noodle82 Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 1:47 PM Quote
The gig lastnight was awesome.

It's the first time I've seen Travis live and WOW...I wasn't disappointed.
I quite agree with the previous post, just a shame there were a select few that seem to spoil the night for everyone else. If the security were on top form it wouldn't of happened. The security at Thetford lastyear was at a far higher standard. Gawwwd knows why they didn't bother lastnight.
Anyway...back to the music, it was fantastic and I can't wait to see them again. I think Fran enhanced the performance with his witty comments and sense of humour:-)

Noodle82
Noodle82 Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 1:49 PM Quote

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:12 PM