Travis

What would you do if you won the lottery?!
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
I thought my baby's birthdate combined with our birth dates would surely give us the winning lottery numbers but no such luck...yet!

Anyway, it's always fun to dream about what you'd do with all that mula!! I would (in no particular order):

1) Quit my job and go to culinary school...in Italy or France.

2) Hire TRAVIS to play at Sandy's wedding!! (**DISCLAIMER** Sandy is NOT engaged...or at least not that I'm aware of :) )

3) Being my practical self, I'd secure my retirement and those of my family (I'm just nice that way!)

4) Have another baby or two :)

5) Start my own business

What would you do??!

Re: What would you do if you won the lottery?!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
charity, travel, shoes/clothes, a kick ass house (with exposed brick walls, a cool book and music and movie library and lots of black and white photos), save some...
well, how much am i winning here?
Oh my friend and I want to open a B&B. But a cool one. Not a granny one. The plan is to set up in a yet to be decided European city, make it awesome, and then move on to the next city.
Hiring Travis also sounds like a good plan! They can play at my...lottery winning party!
oh and really good hockey tickets and photography equipment!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
It's all about a bigger house for me. We need one more bedroom, an office, and a bigger studio for my husband because all this art stuff is crowding us.

Oh, and I would hire Candace Olson to decorate my new big house! I'd give her carte blanche.

I'd like a van where the seats fold down and the child seats are built in.

Lawn service.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, and I would hire Candace Olson to decorate my new big house! I'd give her carte blanche.

OMG...I LOVE Candace Olson - her designs would take up most of the lottery earnings but be totally worth it!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I think she is Canadian...
Yes, i do have a need to point out all things Canadian.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
Oooooh...I would -
Buy a house somewhere in the countryside, not necessarily a big house but one with a bit of land so I could have a small holding, grow my own veg, keep some chickens etc

Start a business making crocheted things with smiley faces on!!!

Have a lovely holiday in New Zealand and catch up with all my friends!

Ooh and if there was any left over I'd give some to my family, some to charity and put a bit in the bank for a rainy day.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
I thought my baby's birthdate combined with our birth dates would surely give us the winning lottery numbers but no such luck...yet!

Anyway, it's always fun to dream about what you'd do with all that mula!! I would (in no particular order):

1) Quit my job and go to culinary school...in Italy or France.

2) Hire TRAVIS to play at Sandy's wedding!! (**DISCLAIMER** Sandy is NOT engaged...or at least not that I'm aware of :) )

3) Being my practical self, I'd secure my retirement and those of my family (I'm just nice that way!)

4) Have another baby or two :)

5) Start my own business

What would you do??!

i don't know but hopefully i would get paid in euros!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think she is Canadian...
Yes, i do have a need to point out all things Canadian.

Indeed she is. Toronto area. I was going to apply to the show, but you have to live in the greater Toronto area and have room for something like 14 crew people, so...obviously my house still looks...just...okay.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
OMG! Pay of all my debts!!!!!!!! Then I will be able to sleep better at night! :)

Buy myself a lovely house, a nice car (hopefully I will have passed my test by then). I would buy my sister a house and give my two nieces and nephew a lump sum as they are so brilliant and have not had the easiest of lives. I would then hire a lovely Villa in Italy and take the lot of us on holiday.

I would put a sensible amount in savings and live off the interest (ideally)lol.

But I would also want a shopping spree to L.A, New York and London. I haven't bought stuff in AGES as I am skint and impoverished atm. lol So thoughts of spending is bringing me out in goosebumps! Oh DARN this thread!!! lol

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
Get a house with a big garden. Build a soundproof studio in my garden. Get a **** off drum kit and a really stunning piano.

Hire Mr Primrose to give me drumming lessons in the studio, Guy Garvey for vocal coaching and Ben Folds for piano.

House calls. Mmmmm.... :)

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
I'd buy some Sea Bass and probably move to Canada.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'd buy some Sea Bass and probably move to Canada.

damn right you would!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
I'd also pay Aqua to reform to piss everyone off all over again.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
I'd also pay Aqua to reform to piss everyone off all over again.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Twice actually just to make sure.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:03 PM