Travis

Isn't it awful when.....
nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:55 AM Quote
Hi Guys,

I have been left feeling very disturbed by a night out with friends!

I can't comment for other countries, but here in the UK we have a very prominent pub and club culture. Every Friday night after work I tootle down to my local pub (about a 60 second walk) to meet my friends and catch up on the weeks events. Anyway, last night after many beverages and merriment, I got talked into going to our local nightclub for a dance(?). This was a strange arrangement for my group of friends as we are the type of people that like to drink Guiness and eat crisps/dry roasted peanuts when we have had too much to drink.

Anyway, I popped home to put some gladrags on (?) and wondered down the road with me mateys.

We paid £7 to get into the nightclub (this was the first near fatal blow)....
when we got in there I realised that to enjoy a nice menthol cigarette I would have to stand outside by the bins in the rain......
I then proceeded to observe that the nightclub actually smelled of wee and vomit due to the lack of cigarette smoke masking the smell.
At this point I was beginning to regret my decision to come. I then felt someone eyes boring into my back like laser beams......I turned around to notice a man I went to school with who up until recently had been stalking me (no joke!)......
As this moment of eyes meeting across a crowded room was going on the DJ said that he was going to spin some excellent 'tunes' for us this evening and proceeded to play that REALLY shit Basshunter song.
This was the moment when the thought actually went through my brain

"I wonder if they will play any Travis or Coldplay"

Oh Dear.....I'm 28 and very embarrassed of myself.

Since writing this yesterday morning I have since had a meeting with my group of friends to dissect the evening. I have now learnt that following my departure from said club, one of my fellow 28 yr old friends proceeded to fall down some steps onto the dancefloor and snog an 18 year old lad. At learning that this young whippersnapper was 18 she decided it would be a good idea to tell him she was going to the loo and make a dash for the door......forgetting that she had left her coat with him!!!!!!!!

Quality.

We have now come to the conclusion that the evening went wrong at the point we decided not to have chilli wedges for tea (a Friday night norm for us) but had several shots of Sambuca instead.

Re: Isn't it awful when.....
Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
Ha ha that is exactly the reason why I have no interest in going out anymore. Ok so to the pub to watch the odd game of football is ok and to catch up with friends but even that is a strain because there are so many assholes down the street who love to pick fights, it puts me off. We tend to just go round to someones house now or have people at ours. It's cheaper and atleast you don't get any unwelcomed company :) It must be an age thing lol I'm 28 too and can't see the point. Especially in night clubs lol. Also the average age down the street seems to be 17/18 and I feel so old!!!!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
I know......it's an awful day when you finally realise that your too old to go to a nightclub!

Think next friday we will all be sitting round at mine watching Eastenders with a mug of Horlicks!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
Ovaltine is my tipple! lol

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Ovaltine is my tipple! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Q7hQgvVK4

heh heh heh heh

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Wow......there putting Benzedrine in Ovaltine these days??
I need to stop drinking Horlicks obviously!

x

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
Aww,I'm kinda sick of shapecutting at the moment. I've got into the habit of sitting in the pub and f'ing about. We ended up going into a club last night and we stood for half an hour waiting to get served, by this time we sobered up and got so fed up waiting we left. Moaned to the bouncers but all they did was shrug their shoulders. Defo not going back there. It was a good night tho, saw some pals I've not seen in ages, made me smile and I never had a night of my pals, one whose reverted to being an 18 year old, swaggering about drunk, slagging off every lassie that walks by her, moaning about guys who don't fancy her and then going "hold my drink", "I've got to go speak to emma for a minute", "sit with kirsty". Told my old pals, we don't get together more often.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:20 AM