Travis

Re: the one most often overlooked
Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I think he only has 3 cds out, so it shouldnt be too bad (there are also a few EPs..maybe a live album? Steph would probably know better)
We Were Born in A Flame
Chemical City
Love at the End of the World

i think the last of which would be as The Sam Roberts Band..not Sam Roberts.

Yeah, they only really have 3 cds. one ep from his early days called inhuman condition but that has songs that are basically all on we were born in a flame...WHICH is what I would recommend personally. brother down, where have all the good people gone, hard road, dont walk away eileen--all the best:) After that they were to be known as the Sam Roberts Band, but to most, it hasnt stuck. His second cd (Chemical City) was written and recored down unda, and has a different...i dunno...vibe..? Mind Flood, bridge to nowhere and american draft dodger in thunder bay are my favs. And the last one I like, but nothing particularly stands out for me... love at the end of the world maybe and up sister...
Okay, thats it...thanks for listening, ill sit down now.
PS he totally appears in the most recent Stills video...Im pretty positive thats him...along with in a Matt Mays video justFYI...
Matt Mays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8TvHnx__Og
Stills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAVIsiLTNTY&feature=related

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I think he only has 3 cds out, so it shouldnt be too bad (there are also a few EPs..maybe a live album? Steph would probably know better)
We Were Born in A Flame
Chemical City
Love at the End of the World

i think the last of which would be as The Sam Roberts Band..not Sam Roberts.

awsome, i'm writing this down so i have a list when i go the shop, thanks a lot!
Yeah, they only really have 3 cds. one ep from his early days called inhuman condition but that has songs that are basically all on we were born in a flame...WHICH is what I would recommend personally. brother down, where have all the good people gone, hard road, dont walk away eileen--all the best:) After that they were to be known as the Sam Roberts Band, but to most, it hasnt stuck. His second cd (Chemical City) was written and recored down unda, and has a different...i dunno...vibe..? Mind Flood, bridge to nowhere and american draft dodger in thunder bay are my favs. And the last one I like, but nothing particularly stands out for me... love at the end of the world maybe and up sister...
Okay, thats it...thanks for listening, ill sit down now.
PS he totally appears in the most recent Stills video...Im pretty positive thats him...along with in a Matt Mays video justFYI...
Matt Mays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8TvHnx__Og
Stills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAVIsiLTNTY&feature=related

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I was 13 in 1997. Therefore my musical tastes were pretty bad, lol (think Boy Bands..so sad). Well, thats not completely true..i had older brothers so i listened to some Tragically Hip, Nirvana, Live, Our Lady Peace...but a lot of it was bad. And I guess i also listened to early No Doubt, Oasis, Bush, etc at the time..so it wasnt ALL bad, but I have come a long way! lol. Yes of course I remember soundgarden.
Steal away. I just got it off google. It isnt mine.

oh yeah, bush, i still kinda their sound, i have gotten rid of sixteen stone though. oasis is still cool, i think....i must confess that i actually did like nkotb for a short time, ugh, the right step, hang tuff, and i don't know if you ever heard mark whalberg's (marky mark) sweet sensation, good vibrations, no that's the beach boys, damn, i can't think of the title, but it was a catchy song

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I was 13 in 1997. Therefore my musical tastes were pretty bad, lol (think Boy Bands..so sad). Well, thats not completely true..i had older brothers so i listened to some Tragically Hip, Nirvana, Live, Our Lady Peace...but a lot of it was bad. And I guess i also listened to early No Doubt, Oasis, Bush, etc at the time..so it wasnt ALL bad, but I have come a long way! lol. Yes of course I remember soundgarden.

oh yeah, bush, i still kinda their sound, i have gotten rid of sixteen stone though. oasis is still cool, i think....i must confess that i actually did like nkotb for a short time, ugh, the right step, hang tuff, and i don't know if you ever heard mark whalberg's (marky mark) sweet sensation, good vibrations, no that's the beach boys, damn, i can't think of the title, but it was a catchy song

HAHAH! Oh thats bad! I never really got into NKOTB..it was a little before my time. I remember my mom sitting my down to watch the concert on tv as a kid bc she heard that they were popular, but i didnt really go for it. A few of their songs are dead catchy though!
hahaha, oh yes, that Marky Mark song. I know what you mean.
Bush was good. For a time, they were called Bush X here bc there was another band called Bush.
LOVE Oasis. Saw them in concert last week and it rejuvinated my love. What's the Story Morning Glory was one of the first good albums i actually owned and i still listen to it to this day. Actually, i listened to it on the way to work this morning.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:

HAHAH! Oh thats bad! I never really got into NKOTB..it was a little before my time. I remember my mom sitting my down to watch the concert on tv as a kid bc she heard that they were popular, but i didnt really go for it. A few of their songs are dead catchy though!
hahaha, oh yes, that Marky Mark song. I know what you mean.
Bush was good. For a time, they were called Bush X here bc there was another band called Bush.
LOVE Oasis. Saw them in concert last week and it rejuvinated my love. What's the Story Morning Glory was one of the first good albums i actually owned and i still listen to it to this day. Actually, i listened to it on the way to work this morning.

oh wait, i almost didn't mention the most embarrassing song that i was exposed to as a child, i wanna sex you up by color me bad. it was actually banned from being plyed anywhere near my elementary school! my friend had a single cassette of the song that he was caught with, he was given detention, mc hammer,vanilla ice, criss cross, that jump,jump song, man, i never really thought about it, those were some lean times

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
oh Sam!! Ive lost all respect for you, lol

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

ah man, i thought my honesty would impress you.:-p

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:19 AM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:

if you would like to think that, go ahead!

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:23 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:

if you would like to think that, go ahead!

ok, i will think that,;-)

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 5:45 AM Quote
I still love Smashing Pumpkins...especially Siamese Dream...one of my fav albums ever!

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
Liz_77 wrote:
I still love Smashing Pumpkins...especially Siamese Dream...one of my fav albums ever!

yeah, me too, but i loved their double album the best, though it was a very sad bunch of songs except for 1979 and zero

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
Hey, back to the Sam Roberts Band for a minute...I just discovered "Detroit '67." That song is THE JAM! Love that pounding piano and all the Detroit references.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
and it's a better Detriot-y song than Kid Rock!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:50 PM Quote
MANFRED MANN.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
and it's a better Detriot-y song than Kid Rock!

how can that sweet home alabama song be considered Detroit ? If he was talking bout the 70's maybe but 1989 , WTF

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:12 AM