Travis

Travis accepting awards
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
After reading that lovely article about Travis, their past success and where they are today as a band, I realized I've never actually seen Travis accept an award before. I've seen a few pictures of them up at the podium during the Brit awards, but I'd LOVE to see their reaction and hear their acceptance speech. I know Fran also won a "grown up" (as he called it) award for best songwriting on WDIAROM. I remember reading about how nice his speech was. Does anyone (TWT, band or boardies) know if video exists on the Internet of any of these events? I'd love to see it.

Thanks! :)

Re: Travis accepting awards
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
I was wondering the exact same thing the other day, weird.

i second your request.

I remember Fran pointing to the people at the awards saying " this is for all the people playing guitars at the edge of thier beds, keep playing, these people will find you "

it was nice.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:

I remember Fran pointing to the people at the awards saying " this is for all the people playing guitars at the edge of thier beds, keep playing, these people will find you "

it was nice.

woW..that sounds nice.would love to see it for myself..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
That is really nice. I hope TWT will be able to help us. I'd love to see it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
i remember a while back trying to track down award stuff from the Brits and had no luck, so hopefully someone else does and will share!

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
After reading that lovely article about Travis, their past success and where they are today as a band, I realized I've never actually seen Travis accept an award before. I've seen a few pictures of them up at the podium during the Brit awards, but I'd LOVE to see their reaction and hear their acceptance speech. I know Fran also won a "grown up" (as he called it) award for best songwriting on WDIAROM. I remember reading about how nice his speech was. Does anyone (TWT, band or boardies) know if video exists on the Internet of any of these events? I'd love to see it.

Thanks! :)

I remember one day I'd tried searching on youtube for videos of Travis receiving awards, but I couldn't find ANY. So, no videos on youtube I guess.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 5:53 AM Quote
Hey Fran, if you have video of this, you should post it on youtube for us. :) Pretty please.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sun 14 Sep, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
There is a picture, though, nothing more:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/665000/images/_669014_travis_300.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 1:55 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hey Fran, if you have video of this, you should post it on youtube for us. :) Pretty please.

with a cherry on top.

also, now i have an image of fran sitting in his livingroom watching videos of himself winning awards. "look Clay. Your papa is awesome!"

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 2:18 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:
There is a picture, though, nothing more:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/665000/images/_669014_travis_300.jpg

nice pic! share a few videos with us Fran! Clay will be very proud of your sweet daddy!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

with a cherry on top.

also, now i have an image of fran sitting in his livingroom watching videos of himself winning awards. "look Clay. Your papa is awesome!"

And sprinkles on top, too.

LOL! He does have an awesome papa. Clay is a lucky kid.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 9:29 AM Quote
On a "side" note to this, i also remember Davina McCall saying how there is nothing better looking than a Scotsman in a kilt, cos fran wore a plain grey kilt for it when they played the song at the awards,I think the same one thats in the WDIAROM video.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:11 AM