Travis

Pet peeves
cosmic
cosmic Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
What's everyone's pet peeves, use this space to vent the whole lot ...

Mine: When you sit through your pal speaking about herself for a whole hour, then as soon as you open your mouth she butts in and changes the subject yet again. You're speaking to her about something and she decides to butt in AGAIN and speak about her hair and how she needs to put dry shampoo in it! GRRRRR. I don't know when she got so up herself but its driving me mad. other than that ... what I'm going to do this weekend, 2 offers ... not a clue what to do!

Re: Pet peeves
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
i actually have a million but usually only think of them when they happen.
But i hate slow walkers! especially when you cant get around them.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
Hmmmmmmm! yeah I know what you mean, I usually get stuck behind them when I'm in a hurry!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
American English. *shields face* only in non-americans mind :).
I'd say poor spelling too, but the safari browser spell checks everything, and my spelling is actually not very good.
Oh and people who say 'i wish i was' not 'i wish i were'

apart from that... nothing lol.

mili
mili Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 7:14 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
i actually have a million but usually only think of them when they happen.
But i hate slow walkers! especially when you cant get around them.

I can't stand them either! Also people standing or shuffling in your way in escalators, corridors or other narrow places. At the moment there are several building sites in the center of Helsinki that cause very narrow pavements at crucial places. Of course people have to stand about there smoking…

I don't smoke, and I dislike walking behind smokers. They're usually in the slow, akward to overtake category.

People cycling two-a-breast, they take soooo much space and force you off the road.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
smokers! good one!
ya, and american spelling (you americans can use it...I agree in non American use)
like, when i buy a book in Canada, i expect it to be all in Canadian/British spelling! erg. I want to go through all the books on the shelf and change 'color' to 'colour' and 'favorite' to "favourite," etc.
oh i thought of another one. When an individual person constrantly refers to themselves as "we" bc they always need to include their significant other. Now sometimes this is appropriate, like when asked "what did you and ____ do this weekend?" but when you ask something like "what are your feelings on that trade that the Ottawa Senators made?" the answer shouldnt be "we think...." YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MIND! atleast, you used to.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

ya, and american spelling (you americans can use it...I agree in non American use)
like, when i buy a book in Canada, i expect it to be all in Canadian/British spelling! erg. I want to go through all the books on the shelf and change 'color' to 'colour' and 'favorite' to "favourite," etc.
oh i thought of another one. When an individual person constrantly refers to themselves as "we" bc they always need to include their significant other. Now sometimes this is appropriate, like when asked "what did you and ____ do this weekend?" but when you ask something like "what are your feelings on that trade that the Ottawa Senators made?" the answer shouldnt be "we think...." YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MIND! atleast, you used to.

Haha I feel exactly the same... in myspace quiz's I always add 'u' and change 'z' to 's' (if i ever do the stupid things..) I even changed The Killer's song 'glamorous indie rock 'n' roll' to the 'glamourous' on my itunes. At my uni you're not allowed american spelling which makes me happy is a very sad kind of way.

Awhh couples, agree there too... smug marrieds annoy me too haha... i must be a very bitter person!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
A Canadian friend of mine moved to Arizona and got married. When i got the invitation and it said "we request the honor of your presence" or whatever it is a wedding invitation says, i changed "honor" to "honour" and sent it back.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:06 PM