Travis

Re: Long Way Down being less cohesive than THAT Oasis song
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
Like most people have already said here, you don't need to apologise for stating your opinion matey. It's made the messageboard a lot more entertaining anyway, and as far as I'm concerned that's what its for so good on ya. :P

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
Just found the offending thread, and answered my own question. Duh....

I guess Fran was (rightfully) being protective of his creation. Who wouldn't be?

But on the other side of the argument, I'm sure Fran has heard worse things said about Travis/ Travis's music; and what would be the point of the forum if we didn't feel safe to voice a negative opinion from time to time?

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
What are you folks talking about, and what can possibly be so terrible that it requires an entire apology thread? Or, alternatively, the continuation of an old debate?

If it's in the public domain, as this thread is, please can you explain it to the public?

Thank you :)

Edit: ps. I'd be happy to arbitrate, if you like!!! :)

In a nutshell:

1. I heard the Long Way Down album version on the radio and stated my opinion about it.
2. I suggested Ben Filb had hyped it up so tried to use fancy words to describe it as being like the Oasis song The Importnace Of Being Idle but less cohesive.
3. Fran got involved
4. Fran called my musical knowledge bluff
5. I posted an apology to Mr.Healy as regards to the comment and to some degree the rest of the board.
6. 99% the board (it seems) accepted my apology, if they were involved in the discussion.

Ok, ok i meant to say, in a fucking massive boring nutshell.

:-{ lol!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:

Ok, ok i meant to say, in a fucking massive boring nutshell.

Funny! :)

As I said above, I figured it before you answered, but thanks for the explanation. I think this has all been blown out of proportion, and you shouldn't lose any sleep over this. I'm not even entirely sure you needed to apologise to Fran. Nothing personal to Fran, but it's an exchange of opinions here, isn't it? You weren't rude or offensive were you? You didn't break forum etiquette.

I don't blame Fran for disagreeing with you, as you dissed his work. And after all, Travis is the reason we're here. But, at the same time, I don't think you did anything terrible. Fran's allowed to disagree. And we're allowed to voice comparisons. Aren't we? Isn't that the purpose of the board?

And send round the taste police, but I quite like that Oasis song! :)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Any song with Rheees Efffaaanns in the vid has to be good. Who cares about the music.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
akanksha wrote:
Ursina wrote:
och come along guys ! stop taking this too far ! I don't even see the need for Craig to apologise. You voiced an opinion, Fran did not like it and said so.... fine ! Ok if you feel you were wrong, you apologised to Fran... fine again. You certainly don't have to apologise to the board.. what for ?

Anyways your not hated by me :)

That's true. After all "there is no wrong, there is no right, the circle only has one siddde." Haha.

i love when people quote Travis lyrics as an argument for or against something on this board! it always makes it extra entertaining! No one can disagree if it is a Travis lyric!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
What about the complete bollocks in sing, surely its the exception to the rule:

" youve been goin to hurley

I rest my case.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
You should make a sign for Fran when you go to see them on the UK tour. You should put "I'm sorry Fran, can I have a hug please?" hahaha You've done nothing to upset me matey and I'm sure, in fact I'm certain Fran isn't upset either, he was just protecting the music which is only fair considering they put so much effort into making it.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
If you look through your first thread , I think you will find I haven't made a comment on it or your need to apologise . As you do feel the need, then I dont think putting the words up on a title thread is an apology . It rankles and at the very least , draws attention to it!

You mean it "rankles" you?

No I would have thought Fran , but thats just a guess , one I thought you might have thought of.

Well, either way, not meaning to sound antagonistic here, but, kinda nothing to do with you is it?

Fran said his peice and i took his point and apologised, im sure if he was more bothered than he was he would have put what he said in a different manner than he did. Im also sure he can speak for himself too and doesnt need others to speak for him.

Just to clear that up.

Im not here to annoy folk, and you seem to be the only one who took it the wrong way.

Aaaaaannnnyyywwwwaaaayyyy, water under t'bridge

Lets be done with this ok, can we be friends again?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
I think you were maybe a tad more antagonistic (to steal your word) than absolutely necessary, but respect for starting this thread and I certainly won't hold a grudge! It's easy for things to get out of proportion, but people should never be afraid to state their opinions, within reason.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
[quote="Tonie"] Ok, ok i meant to say, in a fucking massive boring nutshell.

:-{ lol!

Ok i know i wasn't involved in the last thread, i did read it tho... but that made me burst out laughing.
:D

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
I try my best. Youd be amazed how bored you get dealing with insurance for 12 hours a day.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:03 AM