thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
^ ^ Colder is a great song. Gotta love the harmonica solo aswell :-D

Re: Long Way Down
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks a lot Fran. I really love the lyrics. Always loved them since I first heard it. Not really a lyrics person but these have always really stood out. Dougie written, yes? He's getting better as a song writer. Keep up the good work Fran. :)

I've always been more of a lyrics person...I think because I don't know music. Can't play anything, and I can't read music...so they lyrics speak to me more. Of course, I can tell what I like and what I don't like, and I can tell you what I feel by listening, but that's pretty much it :D

I understand. :) I don't play anything either but a nice melody or piece of music that grabs me is what I like. As long as the lyrics aren't truly ridiculous! Haha. Travis have the melody and actually one of the few bands that really makes me listen to the words. :)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
Never thought id cause this much of a stir! Makes for an interesting monday in work i suppose. Cheers Francis.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
Well, I can't remember the music of the song because like Sandy I only heard that lousy recording in february, but the lyrics are really cool. I'm very excited about this.
Thanks a lot for posting the lyrics, Fran!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Damn. I missed the conversation with Fran! I can see Fran’s point here. When you’ve worked so hard on something and someone just brushes it off like that, I’d want to defend it too…and he should, because it’s freakin’ awesome! Ben is not the only one that loves this tune. I've heard a high-quality live version of "Long Way Down" and it sounded brilliant! It's so different. A really bouncy, catchy fun song to sing along to! Well done lads! And Fran, the lyrics are really cool. I love it! One of the best of what I've heard so far! :o)

My favorite part is when he yells "MAMA!" and "PAPA!" ...and the little breakdown at the end...so freakin' cool.

Edit: MoreThanMe...I'm not bashing you or anything...you have the right to an opinion as well. It just happens to be wrong. LOL...(kidding).

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Never thought id cause this much of a stir! Makes for an interesting monday in work i suppose. Cheers Francis.

it's always good to trigger off the passion in people, makes for interesting reading. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

I've not heard the song yet, I'll see what I think of it when I've got the album. Maybe I best not mention anything about cohesiveness or The Importance Of Being Idle though... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/10-Tongue.gif

Erial
Erial Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Travis have the melody and actually one of the few bands that really makes me listen to the words. :)

Yes, same here! There were many songs I didn't like before, but the lyrics were so brilliant I just kept listening anyway. I love them now :p
Travis songs are almost never 'love at first listen' for me (lots of exceptions in the new album though), but I think it's a good thing because it means I never get tired of them, ehe.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

it's always good to trigger off the passion in people, makes for interesting reading. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

Unless you work for Direct Line and are bored on a dreery monday in glasgow.

Id love for this to be mentioned before they play it in Edinburgh, " This is for the guy who said it sounds like Oasis " that would be tremendous.

Unless your bored working for Direct Line on a monday afternoon that is....

Just hope Fran doesnt single me out if i see him at the Edinburgh gig.

I've not heard the song yet, I'll see what I think of it when I've got the album. Maybe I best not mention anything about cohesiveness or The Importance Of Being Idle though... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/10-Tongue.gif

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:41 PM Quote
Sorry for the horrible editing and quoting, you all know what i mean though.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Damn. I missed the conversation with Fran!

Oh, me too

Nikki wrote:

I can see Fran’s point here. When you’ve worked so hard on something and someone just brushes it off like that, I’d want to defend it too…and he should, because it’s freakin’ awesome! Ben is not the only one that loves this tune. I've heard a high-quality live version of "Long Way Down" and it sounded brilliant! It's so different. A really bouncy, catchy fun song to sing along to! Well done lads! And Fran, the lyrics are really cool. I love it! One of the best of what I've heard so far! :o)

Totally agree with you, Nikki.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
ooh, i love frisky Fran replies!

Really excited for this song! September is slipping by quickly which only means one thing: it is almost the album release date! now to find out how to get it in Canada...have we heard any word on international releases?

and I totally agree with all the love for Colder. Such a great great song. I especially love the begining. Dont we all want someone to find the symphony hiding deep inside of us...

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Damn. I missed the conversation with Fran! I can see Fran’s point here. When you’ve worked so hard on something and someone just brushes it off like that, I’d want to defend it too…and he should, because it’s freakin’ awesome! Ben is not the only one that loves this tune. I've heard a high-quality live version of "Long Way Down" and it sounded brilliant! It's so different. A really bouncy, catchy fun song to sing along to! Well done lads! And Fran, the lyrics are really cool. I love it! One of the best of what I've heard so far! :o)

My favorite part is when he yells "MAMA!" and "PAPA!" ...and the little breakdown at the end...so freakin' cool.

Edit: MoreThanMe...I'm not bashing you or anything...you have the right to an opinion as well. It just happens to be wrong. LOL...(kidding).

I agree with you too Nikki, i've listened to it and it's great, the lyrics, the music, I think it would sound great!!! And Thanks so much for post the lyrics Fran, help us to enjoy more!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ooh, i love frisky Fran replies!

Really excited for this song! September is slipping by quickly which only means one thing: it is almost the album release date! now to find out how to get it in Canada...have we heard any word on international releases?

and I totally agree with all the love for Colder. Such a great great song. I especially love the begining. Dont we all want someone to find the symphony hiding deep inside of us...

Oh yes. "Colder" is beautiful, Kristy. I <3 the harmonica bit and that first section is my favorite!!
*sings*
I'm in love with everything, with every face I've ever seen, and every place I've ever been has left its mark up on my worries, I color in the world I see, I pick apart the melody, cuz maybe there a symphony caught inside but there now way out and the SKY IS FALLIN' DOWN AND THERE'S AN ANGEL ON THE GROUND IT'S GETTIN' COOOOOOLDEEEER!

:O)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
Fran thanks for the lyrics. I like the seagull part. The alliteration is good. I am resisting temptation and not clicking the youtube link. I want to wait to hear it on the album. Thankfully, only a few more weeks....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Fran thanks for the lyrics. I like the seagull part. The alliteration is good. I am resisting temptation and not clicking the youtube link. I want to wait to hear it on the album. Thankfully, only a few more weeks....

Cliiick me, Anne! Cliiick meeee! lol :P

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:21 AM