Travis

Re: VMA Think Tank
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Okay, so I think we'll all agree, never again. I mean it this time. I'm sticking to my guns on this.

so if one year from now, minus 1 day, you start a new thread about the 09 VMA's we should track you down and key your car (a la Ric and Anne and their Nickleback punishment?)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
I have a question. How do we know which videos deserve awards if MTV and VH-1 don't play videos?

Once upon a time when I was a youngster, people used to rush home from school to watch videos on MTV. MUSIC television. And then VH-1 came along--even better, two choices! (VH, by the way stands for VIDEO HITS!)

I would love to have a music channel that actually PLAYS MUSIC available on regular cable. I'm so disgusted with the programming on MTV and VH-1.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
And then VH-1 came along--even better, two choices! (VH, by the way stands for VIDEO HITS!)
[/quote]

As a testament to that, Luke's Parental Advisory (featuring Luke Campbell from 2 Live Crew) is on. *BARF*

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Majority of the music on those channels SUCK in my opinion so I not longer check them out. Plus if I do click on them, I sit channel hopping waiting for something decent to come on and end up wasting like 30mins of my life!!!! :(

Pointless.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
I actually blocked them both on my remote last week. Skip 'em completely.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
we have Much Music, which actually used to be good and play videos (past the time MTV stopped doing so) and in the last couple years it has gone downhill too. There are still a few hours a day of music programming but not much (and often it is Pussy Cat Dolls or some other tragic group that I care not to watch). I think most videos i watch now are online.

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
I agree with you.. I laughed at some of Russell Brand's jokes but that's all. To my mind, any award show where Tokio Hotel and Britney Spears get awards.. must be a joke. :D

But it's a general thing with all the MTV Awards.. I used to really like the European Music Awards, but I think it should be all about European artists there, in the last few years it's just like American Music Awards hosted in Europe ;) Anyway, MTV sucks anywhere, I guess, though sometimes they actually show great videos of good bands - at night. ;)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
First of all, who the f*** is Jordin Sparks?!

Russell, poor lad- what have they done to him? Apologizing Brand- let's say unusual!!

Tokio Hotel aka the shitest band in Europe getting an award?????! Jaysus.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
First of all, who the f*** is Jordin Sparks?!

She was the 2007 winner of American Idol. She's much too R&B for my taste.

milos
milos Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
I didn't watch the show, but it's scary enough just to look at the nominees! :D Awful.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
The lead singer of Tokio Hotel cannot be male. im sorry, he cannot!
I was watching the show on Much Music, so they had a Vj doing commentary at the commerical break, and she was like "just so you know, anyone having sex is a slut according to Jordin Sparks." and then did the circle to the head crazy indicator. funny.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
The lead singer of Tokio Hotel cannot be male. im sorry, he cannot!

He's just emo! LOL

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
I'm just bummed because whenever I mention Tokyo Police Club as one of my favorite bands they think I'm talking about Tokio Hotel. I mean the only thing they have in common is the 4 guys part. Tokio Hotel are weird looking german dudes. Tokyo Police Club are cute canadian indie rockers... :D

Tokio Hotel: Booo!!!!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/9484585.jpg

Tokyo Police Club: Yay!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/5526629.jpg

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
"just so you know, anyone having sex is a slut according to Jordin Sparks." and then did the circle to the head crazy indicator. funny.

Yeah she should have censored herself I tad bit. She probably didn't mean it like that, but she made herself look like a complete idiot. She kind of made it seem like people who do have sex before they're married can't do it responsibly. She came across as saying , "people who have sex are sluts." I wish Russell Brand came out and said, "I just want to say something about purity rings! Some people need them so they can have an excuse to tell themselves when they wonder why nobody is having sex with them... JORDIN SPARKS!"

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I wish Russell Brand came out and said, "I just want to say something about purity rings! Some people need them so they can have an excuse to tell themselves when they wonder why nobody is having sex with them... JORDIN SPARKS!"

hahaha, he totally should have said that!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:31 AM