Travis

VMA Think Tank
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 12:59 AM Quote
Is anyone going to watch the idiot parade AKA the VMAs? I sure will, just to see if MTV can succeed in making it even worse then last year's. That was a fun night... right?

EDIT:

7:20 They're doing this people's paparazzi thing with the interviewers and celebrities using camera phones and what not to conduct interviews with the artists before the show. And for some reason they have a chopper. Honestly, do they really need a news chopper?

7:25 My questions are answered: They need a news chopper so they can watch the celebs... in their limos... The dude in the chopper keeps on going, "Hey open a window, stick your head out so I can see you from the chopper."

That's it, it hasn't even started yet and I'm done. G'nite.

Re: VMA Think Tank
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 2:34 AM Quote
I tuned in right at 8 to see what Britney would do. What a let down. The opening monologue by whats his face was pretty out there...he really went there with some sexual jokes.

I turned it off.

I just it back on and the Jonas brothers are playing. They look like they're on a movie set outdoors. Maybe they are.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
They are, it's on the back lot.

Yeah Britney said three sentences perfectly without any f ups. Good for her. And she won her first ever VMA. honestly, she's never won one before... so yeah. I'm flipping between that and True Blood.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
My friend called to see if I was watching. She said it was a big disorganized train wreck and no one knew what they were doing. I told her I refuse to watch after last year's debacle with spaced-out Britney and the rest being the Kanye West and Justin Timberlake show. MTV is dead to me now (except of course for "The Hills" lol). They are no longer a music channel anyway. Do they even have any music shows on anymore?? Really...I want to know, cuz I haven't seen any in a few years. They used to have TRL. Is that still on? (Not that it would matter because they'd just play shit music anyway).

It's really sad. MTV used to be cool and I always loved watching the VMAs growing up. It seems like the musicians/celebs are even over it.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:32 AM Quote
So I take it I shouldn't bother? ;)

So how is True Blood?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
Okay so Russel Brand made a couple of cracks about promise rings. And then Jordin Sparks gets all huffy and gets on stage and says some flack about, "I just want to say that promise rings aren't all bad, some people don't wanna be sluts, blah blah blah blah." And then Russel Brand came on stage and apologized! I so would not have apologized! I would have said, "I just want to say, some winners of certain talent competitions like American Idol, don't have any place being famous and running their mouths. And need to learn when to take a joke."

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
My friend called to see if I was watching. She said it was a big disorganized train wreck and no one knew what they were doing. I told her I refuse to watch after last year's debacle with spaced-out Britney and the rest being the Kanye West and Justin Timberlake show. MTV is dead to me now (except of course for "The Hills" lol). They are no longer a music channel anyway. Do they even have any music shows on anymore?? Really...I want to know, cuz I haven't seen any in a few years. They used to have TRL. Is that still on? (Not that it would matter because they'd just play shit music anyway).

It's really sad. MTV used to be cool and I always loved watching the VMAs growing up. It seems like the musicians/celebs are even over it.

I think MTV needs another format change. Or someone needs to create another Music Television channel. actually MTVU is pretty good just because it has the type of music I like, but it's only on College Campuses.

It looks like it's in the back of an old automobile factory.

The Ting Tings performed but like for 30 seconds! BOOOOO!!!

Awwww! And now Lupe is playing Superstar into commercial. Double BOOOOO!!!! LAME!!!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 3:56 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

So how is True Blood?

I'm going to catch it at 11:00 instead so I can watch it all of the way through. But the parts I caught were pretty good. Looks hot. Looks steamy... :o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:03 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Okay so Russel Brand made a couple of cracks about promise rings. And then Jordin Sparks gets all huffy and gets on stage and says some flack about, "I just want to say that promise rings aren't all bad, some people don't wanna be sluts, blah blah blah blah." And then Russel Brand came on stage and apologized! I so would not have apologized! I would have said, "I just want to say, some winners of certain talent competitions like American Idol, don't have any place being famous and running their mouths. And need to learn when to take a joke."

I was impressed that he had the balls to "go there." It might have seemed in bad taste to some but jokes sometimes are that way. I'm disappointed that he apologized!!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:08 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I was impressed that he had the balls to "go there." It might have seemed in bad taste to some but jokes sometimes are that way. I'm disappointed that he apologized!!

Yeah, I was like, NO!! don't do it! But he did. Hmph. Jordin Sparks sucks.

I live blogged the whole thing is anyone wants to check it out, it's on my FB page..

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:42 AM Quote
I don't watch MTV anymore, I didn't even know the awards were today and I have no clue who's nominated. I don't even know who Jordin Sparks is haha. I haven't watched the VMAs in years.

MTV is a cheap celebrity gossip channel, not a music one. And it has been that way for years.
VH1 used to be a bit more decent but it changed some time ago and it's more similar to MTV now.

We used to have a great music channel in Argentina that played great music that no one else would play (that includes Travis haha), but now it's gone. Rock & Pop TV I miss you!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:56 AM Quote
I watched a bit of it. How the F did Britney win a bunch of awards? i think it was set up to make up for last years train wreck.
I was disappointed that Russell Brand appologized too. He is kinda out there but i generally find him funny. He did mock her later though, so that kinda made up for it.
Can i mock Michael Phelps please? he looked so dorky and out of place.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:06 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I watched a bit of it. How the F did Britney win a bunch of awards? i think it was set up to make up for last years train wreck.
I was disappointed that Russell Brand appologized too. He is kinda out there but i generally find him funny. He did mock her later though, so that kinda made up for it.
Can i mock Michael Phelps please? he looked so dorky and out of place.

Have at it! I've been doing it!
MTV owes Britney all of them awards. There was probably a huge ratings spike from her car wreck of a performance last year. And they probably felt bad because she's never ever won a VMA seriously. NEVER.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 5:51 AM Quote
so im gonna just wait for people to put up the disaster clips up on youtube tomorrow.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Okay, so I think we'll all agree, never again. I mean it this time. I'm sticking to my guns on this.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:11 AM