Travis

Indian Summer ???? Indian Flood more like :) !
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
What A Night!

Shrewsbury I will remember, not so much my best or greatest gig cus it wasn't ( it wasn't Dougies either) but it was a cool gig ....frought with a few probs ...Floods - Fotos ( crap) Fools with alcohol

but

Its so great to see the Guys . I LOVE Frans Hat..I LOVE Dougies coat ...and Dougies hair goes curly in the rain , like mine haha. They were up against it tonight! - the weather was bloody awful although the worst of the rain kept off during the Gig - It was the slowly wet stuff.

There are Floods all around Shrewsbury and people were stuck everywhere - I mean really stuck! It took me 2 hours to go 2 miles to the GIg in to Shrewsbury and a detour out of 2 hours too.

We had a great setlist tonight ( although I am wanting another Ode Gig ) I can see why they didn't Ode tonight as the crowd really seemed to want the older stuff ( a guy next to me came from Liverpool just to hear Turn!) but I have to say when they did 3 songs of Ode - Mega mega sound ! It stood out above the rest - it was just so much more alive .Everyone digged it.It got me thinking really that if the next album is along the same lines, they will really rock. Dont get me wrong , I love the older stuff too butI am so in love with the new sound.

Im hopeless at remembering but ( not in order but nearly)

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide OPen
Driftwood
Beautiful Occupation
Side
Closer
Love will Come through
J.Smith - YES!
Something Anything - YES!
Song to Self
Turn
Sing
Good Feeling

Flowers

Slideshow
Blue Flashing Light
Rain - Rain Rain Rain and a Rain on poor Dougsie ( I'll get em for you next time - it took the smile off my face too)

so much so I started to walk out but I have to say everyone was LOVIN IT and moods were high so it was the sensitive amongst us who felt for him .. If someone upsets my fav basist then I am upset- Its juts the way it is and he was upset by some F*** Idiot chuckin lager/or whatever in his face. Ive never seen Dougie this upset - I was angry, very angry. There were a few shits in the fromt crowd , maybe cus it was Friday and no drink control when usually ppl have to queue to be at the front . Anyway Dougie , at least it was at the end.

Guys the music was great .. J.Smith , the crowd loved it and Something Anything...what a blast ..I have got a great vid of this but I think the sounds crap as are my still photos .

Andy ..I got a great vid of you playin in Something Anything., I was at your side tonight and I loved watching you play ..I know you are enjoying the new stuff too.

Hey Neilly - "Flowers in the window such a loveley day and Im glad you feel the same" haha only pulling your leg maybe they can get a queue thingy for you .

Looking forward to next gig , hope its more like Notts- couldn't hang around tonight . As nice as Shrewsbury is -it wasn't today

Oh and Claes Claes Claes - Nice haircut and it was nice to hear you say hello :)

EDIT: Long Way Down was played too, sorry!

EDIT EDIT : Jeez I missed AIWDIR and As you Are -how could I have forgot those? and I think Pipedreams

So the moral of the story is - dont rely on me for a setlist, my brains too scrambled afterwards!

Re: Indian Summer ???? Indian Flood more like :)!
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 5:32 AM Quote
Ouch! That really sucks about Dougie...what an ass that guy was! That's got to be scary and jarring...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:30 AM Quote
Makes me so proud of my homeland.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
Hmmm, not meaning to be a bit of a spoil sport, but dont really like that set list.I mean ok, it is a festival..I realise that, but I think there possibly should have been at least one or two more new songs played.

No offense but that set list would have left my rather defalted. Ok, any Travs gig is going to be good by its own nature, but I say more new stuff!!!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:20 AM Quote
I missed out 'Long Way Down' ( Im hopeless at remembering setlists) I hear what you say though , I think big Travis Fans are well ready for their new album but the rest of the world are still asleep on Travis dont forget.

Their range is phenomenal and I do think the new stuff shows their talents to the full.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:26 AM Quote
Yeah, u got me there, cant disagree.

timbo15
timbo15 Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Don't forget the other song in the setlist "Happy birthday to Travis"

A fantastic gesture to a 6 year old boy named Travis on his birthday.
http://www.wombourne.net/pix/travis%20sing%20happy%20birthday.jpg
Travis singing 'Happy Birthday to Travis'

Cheers guys ... that was super sweet!

jambut
jambut Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
yer was a great gig took my girlfriend to her first ever travis gig. Front centre aswell was pretty good. Emma got hit in the head by birthday boy travis' plectrum when Dougie threw it out lol.

thanks guys

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
I think I'll be sick for the rest of my life.
No, really. I never saw so much rain in my whole life.
And yeah, it wasn't my best gig either. But it's not their fault. A group of drunk guys was talking beside me for all the fucking gig and I couldn't hear anything Fran was saying because the volume was low.

And I'm so sorry about Dougie. I was so pissed and worried.
I never saw him so angry. é.è°

And... Somewhere Else! I was looking for you but couldn't find you! é.è°

Anyway... I come back to bed... Sick.
XD

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Oh Eledh, hope you feel better soon .Yeah, not their fault at all and they were wonderful, as ever.

I am so sorry I missed you but by the time I finally got there , after being diverted several times for abou 1.5 hours , it was about 830pm. I actually nearly gave up at one point , as it got a bit scary.

Anyway , I was in no mood for fighting my way right to the front where I knew you would be, so settled for 3 rows back. I need more space when it gets like that, I can get phobic , but having said that , I dont think Ive been to a Travis gig where that has happened before.

Will see you at Manchester though :)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Yeah, you know what? I don't think I'm going to see them again at some festival.
I mean... In UK it's always like this. Someone fights right beside or behind me and I lost 3/4 of the gig just because I have to pay attention to my back.
I think I'll just go to travis gig in the tour... But no festivals.
I just don't see the point in going to a festival, pay 40£, stay there under the rain, get drunk, talk and scream about your busines with your friends for the whole fucking gig and then get involve in a fight.
Why someone should do that? I mean... If I pay 40£ I just want to stay there and have fun and yes, maybe drink a few beers, but you know, the most important thing to me in a gig is listening live music!

But anyway, the gig was amazing, they were amazing as usual. Just the volume was so low... Really, but no problem.
And yes! Definally! We will see each other in manchester! We have to!
So... :P I'll write you a PM.
;)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
Agree totally - whats up with the UK ?

Its a shame cus the Forest gigs last year were great and I was looking forward to being outside again.In fact I dont remember anyone really drinking at York.

Not long to wait til the next one though :)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
Well, I don't know... But you know what? I was worried about the gig in Bilbao because I was telling myself "oh sure, great idea, a free gig in SPAIN, this will be CRAZY".
But it was great and in the first row we didn't need to call the security not even once.

And I wasn't worried about the gig in UK, because I thought that it couldn't be worse than the one in Aberdeen at the new years' eve, because it's obvious that at the new years' eve people are drunk and stuff... But it was.
So...
I don't know...

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
I thought it was awesome and have just been re-living the whole 'Happy Birthday' moment to Travis on Youtube.
I know it was wet and muddy but I thought the atmosphere was great, everyone got really into it until that dick threw the can of beer at Dougie (what the hell was that all about??). Only disappointed that more people didn't turn up as Shrewsbury is my home town......I hope the guys haven't left with bad memories of Friday and Shrewsbury.
Anyway, I am still on a real high and have a feeling I will be for some time!

xx

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
Thats good Nicky , I know not everybody had this experience as when I started to walk out after the Dougie incident , everyones faces were like wow wow wow ,smiling like cheshire cats , so I was happy that not everyone felt like me.

The floods def kept people from coming in to Shrewsbury . Only the idiots ( me)took their car through feet of water!

btw - I have posted J.Smith and Something Anything and also will upload Long Way Down and Song to Self tomorrow :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:27 AM