Travis

Re: Heylo I'm newwww :)
akanksha
akanksha Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
Thanks for your welcomes :) I feels warm and fuzzy.

Chiito-chan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
As far as I know, the youngest boardie is 12.

I know a boardie who is 11.

Yeah I just read that "YOUNG TRAVIS FANS" thread!

vampire_lover wrote:

It's only a little bit to long so we'll forgive you it ;)

*is slightly embarrassed* Um. I think I'll cut down on it a bit. The sheer length appalls me. It's the most wordy, rambly post I've come across!

vampire_lover wrote:

HAHA, what declarations :P You thing it would be effective? Maybe I should try too? :D

I'm not sure how effective food is in bribing them! Haha. Could be worth a try though, I don't know :P

brenrogers wrote:
I'm new too, but everyone is so welcoming. I think it's safe to say that the nicest people in the world are Travis fans.

Yes I think so too. :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 4:09 AM Quote
Welcome! :o)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 7:39 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:
Hi :)
My name's Akanksha. As is my username.

HELLO Akanksha!!firstly cooL name!!WELCOME IN=)))

akanksha wrote:
I'm from Singapore; is there anyone else from Singapore? Would love to make friends. Anyway. Singapore. The sunny little island Travis visited to headline SINGfest on August the 2nd.
It breaks my heart to say that I didn't go. I had stupid exams on (I'm doing my O levels in a couple of months.) So I'm supremely disappointed about that and I hope very much that they'll come again soon!

Im feeling majorly excited as im typing this out=DD coz guess wat im Singaporean tOO!!Ahhhhh...feels good to know there's a fellow singaporean who feels the same about Travis!!And im sure they'll come back sooN!!I had the luck of going to their gig and it was Awesome coz i was lucky enough to make my way right thru the front..was blessed to have gotten Dougie's pick too=DDD

akanksha wrote:
My favourite album is The Boy With No Name. And Good Feeling. And 12 Memories.
Well. Everything.
My favourite song would be harder to pick because there are so many that stand out, in their own ways, from everything else.

Though I have to say, if there's one song that always inexplicably seems to resonate with me, that just pushes through the walls of my heart and, you know, fills everything up, it's..."Somewhere Else" from the 12 Memories album. The funny thing - and also the beautiful beautiful thing - about it is I can't point out what about it strikes a chord with me.

It's not your typical, tragically slow, achingly poignant tearjerker hit that's bound to move everybody who hears it. It's a relatively normal song. Ordinary. I don't know why it gets me so, it just does.
Particularly the "something else" bit, and the verses. Definitely the verses. Maybe it says something about me or what I feel about this stage of my life, or something like that. Probably that. Can't say for sure.

But simple, simple, plain, straightforward lines like - just one example - "bury the pain, and hold on to love" - I feel it underneath my skin when I hear that, and it makes me both very sad and, at the same time, happy in an enchanted, yearning, hopeful sort of way. Do I make sense?

u make a lot of sense!!OMG i love somewhere else too its one of my fave songs of Travis of all time=)))next to love will come through and many others..i don't seem to have any fave album thou coz like u i heart everything about them TOO!!

akanksha wrote:
Ohyezzz, PLEASE COME BACK TO SINGAPORE!!!shift1!shift1!!! I promise I'll, like, bake cookies or make jaffa cakes or SOMETHING. And get really good tickets near the stage and all.

(I am so sorry; have I rambled too much? I tend to unconsciously compose awfully lengthy essays when I write about something I'm passionate about.)

Im sure u are very passionate about their music!!Plus i don't think that u rambled too much coz i enjoyed reading ur thread*))
And u know when Travis comes back(i know and im sure) to Singapore to perform i'll be more than glad to be ur fellow accomplice to their gig.In fact i would do it in a heartbeat=DD
Me n my sisters are super HUGe Travis fans since years ago.We'll go together if they come i promise it will be a blast!BAsed on my experience they were just great:super appreciative and smiley aLL throughout=D what more is that they're such normal human beings with great BIG hearts!!

Nice to know U!!!
U'll have fun here for sure=DD

akanksha
akanksha Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 8:25 AM Quote
Aw hello frandougeil! It's great to meet someone from Singapore! :D

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 8:32 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:
Aw hello frandougeil! It's great to meet someone from Singapore! :D

Yeah=)))my pleasure!!Hello again=DD

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
As far as I know, the youngest boardie is 12.

I know a boardie who is 11.

haha! yep. mi sister's 11

welcome to travisland :)

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Welcome! I enjoyed your rambling, very clever! Your 'subtle' U16 Girls reference made me chuckle. xD

milos
milos Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Hi! Welcome to the board!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
hello!

sherlock
sherlock Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
haha great. im from singapore too. turning 19 soon. theyll be back dont worry (: fran said so when we met him after the gig. could be many years from now though. heh.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:09 AM