Travis

Re: Which are your prefered actors of actresses ?
AndreaMicaela
AndreaMicaela Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 4:42 AM Quote
Interesting ! I prefer .... I prefer ...... I prefer ..... See :

*Anthony Hopkins
*Natalie Portman
*Adrien Brody
*Jodie Foster
*Rachel Weisz
*Ewan Mc Gregor
*Haley Joel Osment
*Christian Bale
*Johnny Deep
*Julia Roberts
*Elizabeth Shue
*Cate Blantchet
*Reese Witherspoon
*Jack Nicholson
*Anne Hathaway
*Christopher Lee
*Sandra Bullock
*Ian Mc Kellen
*Hugh Grant
*Michael Cane
*Diane Keaton
*Scarlet Johannson
*Jude Law

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 7:32 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

OK, here's a Mad, Fucked up, Kooky, Weird idea, why dont people qualify their reasons for liking said actors/actressess.

John Hannah - coz he's a yummy bugger.

I don't really have favourite actors, well not ones that are based on quality - I watch Hollyoaks, for fuck's sake. I'm more of a visual sorta girl ;)

Hahaha, Lil'Grin I LOVE your honesty !!!

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 7:46 AM Quote
Well, I certainly didn't mention Richard Harris because I think he was hot :oP. I can't name the reasons why I like him. There's no rational explanation for it, it's purely subjective, obviously. Anyway, I think he used to do a really great job at becoming a "believable character" (if that makes any sense in english). I believe most of famous actors fail to achieve that.
But like I said, I don't have favourites...
There are a few argentinian actors that I like also, mostly theatre actors and actresses, but there's no point in mentioning them because no one knows them here.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 9:33 AM Quote
[quote="Nikki"] Aww! I love Jack Lemmon! I dunno, he was pretty good lookin' in "Some Like It Hot" !! ;D

Yes, he was:)

And Kevin Spacey!

How can I forget Kevin Spacey? "Usual Suspects" is one of my favorite movies.
And talking about the movie, I should not forget:
Gabriel Byrne.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Meryl Streep is just AMAZING!!! I also love Jodi Foster. Emmmmm who else? there's quite a few ofcourse....Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Gabriel Byrne, Dustin Hoffman, Helen Mirren, Denzel Washington, Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins, Laim Neeson, Reese Witherspoon, Halle Berry, Ewan McGregor!!!!!

They get MY vote now that I have thought about it!!! :0)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 3:29 PM Quote

Do people watch programmes/films simply because they like the actor/actress? Don't think I could be bothered to do that tbh ...

I like Ken Stott - he is Rebus. Far better than John Hannah's portrayal. Whoever cast Hannah as Rebus obviously hadn't read the books very well!

Martin Clunes seems to do alright in comedy dramas - he's got an expressive face which not many actors possess these days.

That's about all I can think of! I can think of those I don't like:
Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Arnie ... all those film regulars - Tom Hanks is ok sometimes - but they all seems to act the same in everything. And I generally don't like many films, so that can't help.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
I'm the same Kristy!!! Can name plenty I DON'T like! lol Adam Sandler, Robin Williams oh gosh don't get me started!!! :(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 8:05 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:

Do people watch programmes/films simply because they like the actor/actress? Don't think I could be bothered to do that tbh ...

I like Ken Stott - he is Rebus. Far better than John Hannah's portrayal. Whoever cast Hannah as Rebus obviously hadn't read the books very well!

Martin Clunes seems to do alright in comedy dramas - he's got an expressive face which not many actors possess these days.

That's about all I can think of! I can think of those I don't like:
Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Arnie ... all those film regulars - Tom Hanks is ok sometimes - but they all seems to act the same in everything. And I generally don't like many films, so that can't help.

Yeah John Hannah is far too "nice" to play Rebus, from reading the books I got the feeling that if I met Rebus I would thin he was an arse, an extremely clever and good at what he does arse but still an Arse. Ken Stott was a great choice however I was disappoined with the writing of the series, there wasn't much in the way of depth to the characters, I'd have liked to have seen the relationship with Siobhan - Rebus - and the stories were seriously chopped and butchered to fit the time allowance, why couldn't they have done it the same way as they did others by making them 2 or 3 parts. That said it was a much better attempt than the Hannah version.

Dubz

btw Stott was also very good in The Vice and Taking Over the Asylum

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 8:54 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:

Do people watch programmes/films simply because they like the actor/actress?

Well thinking about it...I do it sometimes by default, not intentionally. I realized that I generally find an excuse not to watch the movies by actors/actresses that I don't like:
Nicole Kidman,
Tom Cruise,
Kate Hudson...etc.
But I should, because
Jim Carrey
was on that list, too. I still watched the Truman Show, and I liked it. And then later came Eternal Sunshine and I LOVE that movie. So, he is out of the list--Besides, Dumb and Dumber was my father's favorite! To his memory I like to watch it again sometime:)

Any suggestions for a Nicole Kidman movie? The last movie I saw was the Moulin Rouge. And I am pretty sure I will not watch the Hours: the "ooooh she is so beautiful but not afraid to look ugly with a fake nose let's give her an Oscar!" movie.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 10:31 AM Quote
clive owen right away for me.

ryan gosling grew on me after his performance in 'half nelson' and 'lars and the real girl'

don cheadle is great

quite fond of matt damon

mmm...that's it for now

oh and yeah Jon Hamm...aka Don Draper on Mad Men. cripes!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
Have you seen this? (0:52) Kevin Spacey is awesome!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Condi Rice

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Oh I hate hate hate Jim Carey!!! :(

nats
nats Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
Ben Kingsley is a great actor

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Oh I hate hate hate Jim Carey!!! :(

I agree whole heartedly. Hate Hate Hate*. He is waaaay too hyper and over-the-top.

*This applies only to his acting, not him personally.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:28 AM