Travis

Ode To J.Smith Reviews
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 1:35 PM Quote
Hey,

Was Reading My Dads copys of Mojo and Uncut Mags that came in the door both have Reviews Of OTJS both gave it 3 stars , pretty small reviews the uncut one basicly says nothing apart from Chinise Blues is rubbish (i cant imagine thats true) Mojo says its a great album and that Broken Mirror is the best track.

Re: Ode To J.Smith Reviews
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
Interesting. 3 stars is ok though. Means they liked it. I think Chinese Blues should be awesome. We'll see. And Broken Mirror is the Paperclips of the album but with a bit more umph towards the end. One I was unsure about.

Can't wait to hear it myself now. Seems like forever!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Can't wait to hear it myself now. Seems like forever!

same here *sigh*

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
Which just goes to show how personal the reviews are really.

3 Stars is a start ( a safe bet!)but by no means describes this Album which will , in the end, see the reviewers look cautious.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
bah, compared to The Man Who's reception, 3 stars is brilliant.

To be honest I don't really care about reviews this time. TBWNN got a positive reception pretty much across the board but it & the singles didn't exactly fly off the shelves.

It's all about airplay, singles and people rediscovering Travis thisz time - if they do that then it can score 1-star reviews for all I care.

Vicky_Alher
Vicky_Alher Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
I normally don't pay much attention to the reviews of CDs, etc, because it's just a subjective opinion of somebody, so I normally wait until I hear the CD and make my own opinion.

I can hardly imagine a Travis song to be rubbish, in that case, it would be the first... And, at least, in the live version, "Chinese blues" in my opinion is nothing like that.

So, we'll have to wait until the CD is released... Kisses!!

brenrogers
brenrogers Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 4:02 AM Quote
reviews are pointless when it comes to music, if they where true then all we would listen to in the UK is Oasis and The Beatles and really typical bands.
Never heard a travis song i don't like, so let the magazines say what they want. I just cant wait to hear some new music by the best band in the world. In my opinion.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 5:46 AM Quote
brenrogers wrote:
reviews are pointless when it comes to music, if they where true then all we would listen to in the UK is Oasis and The Beatles and really typical bands.
Never heard a travis song i don't like, so let the magazines say what they want. I just cant wait to hear some new music by the best band in the world. In my opinion.

I agree! I mean, it's great to get a nice review, but everyone has different tastes in music. I know I'm a huge fan and everything so maybe I'm a bit bias, lol, but how on Earth can't you love Travis? I just don't get it. Every time I hear a DJ talk up some new indie band on the radio and then play their song I'm just like "It's good...but every Travis song ever recorded is better than that." :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:26 AM