Travis

New Verve finally!
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 12:31 AM Quote
So after a few good but not great albums Richard Ashcroft has finally gotten back with his band!I haven't heard any of "forth" but I have read some articles on it and I can't wait to listen to it from beginning to end!Are there any other Verve fans out there? what do you think about their new material?

Re: New Verve finally!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff is better than The Verve stuff in my eyes

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
yeah, I can see that too/ for individual songs like brave new world and on a beach but he was never able to put together a body of work that i could appreciate as a whole, not like urban hymns. the albums that came before urban hymns i would agree are not as good as his solo albums. there is no doubt that he is a talented songwriter but i'm just glad that he has opened up to playing with a band again.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
I really love Forth :) Love is Noise is definetly my favourite. I love the Verve but I've never heard any of Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff, would you recommend it to Verve fans?

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
You should definitely check out his solo albums. I like The Verve (and I also like the bits I've already heard from 'Forth', especially 'Love is noise'), but I like his solo stuff a bit more.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
fenchurch, i would recommend you check out the album "alone with everybody" which was his first release after the band split, it has some amazing stuff on it. i heard the verve's new album last night and it's awsome! i especially like the first track sit and wonder,i love how these guys take chances and dare to sound different but yet still throw in choruses and melodies that we can remember.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
fenchurch, i would recommend you check out the album "alone with everybody" which was his first release after the band split, it has some amazing stuff on it. i heard the verve's new album last night and it's awsome! i especially like the first track sit and wonder,i love how these guys take chances and dare to sound different but yet still throw in choruses and melodies that we can remember.

Thanks, i'll check him out so :) glad you like Forth :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:30 AM