Travis

Last song alive that has made you cry...
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
2 days ago. AMARAL. COMO HABLAR.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cq1f7uZ0rY

They´re playin´in Bilbao the day before of the Travis gig in the same venue. I recommend it to everyone who is doing tourism there

Re: Last song alive that have made you cry...
Libby2
Libby2 Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
'Closer'

My niece Tilly, like her Aunty, loved music and dancing.
She'd come to stay with me for the weekend and much of our time would be spent painting, playing 'Schools', singing, giggling and listening to music, oh and jelly sweets, lots of Jelly sweets.

Tilly had astounded me as a little one when she'd rather noisily and singingly let us in no doubt of her love for 'Sing'..She'd sing it so loudly that the veins on her little neck would bulge making us laugh and laugh. I wrote a message to Franny on here, telling him of Tilly's adoration of 'Sing' and received a lovely reply from him in return.

Our sunshine girl grew and grew. She was a really great kid, everything you'd hope your child would be. A 'Tick every box' girl. Thoughtful, so incredibly thoughtful. She had this wonderful way of making you feel so adored and loved. Atlast my sister and I had the little girl that we'd dreamed of but given up hope of ever having.

Anyway...It was the last few days of my beautiful niece Tilly's short but glorious life. She'd been in hospital since New Years day battling away..We hadn't been able to visit her for 4 weeks as she was in isolation..no kisses..no hugs..no smelling of her hair. I called as often as was possible without being a nuisance..but after continually asking if I could speak to Tilly my sister had to break the dreadful news to me that Tilly had gone completely deaf. It destroyed me. Losing sight or hearing I believe is the worst thing..But for it to happen to my bestest girl was just the worst thing for me. We loved our music me and Tills.

I hadn't been able to listen to any music through all of this though..I'd sort of switched off to anything that may call on my drained emotional store..My heart cold to anything other than Tilly. Nothing would ever be the same again.

I don't know how it happened now looking back, my memory is still fuzzy on a lot of things that happened at that time..but I saw the 'Closer' video. My boy singing..wee Franny's voice never fails to grip my heart..and him in his Chippy costume an' all! Tilly would've loved Chippy..I knew when I heard the song for the first time that Tilly would've loved it. And the video..I could imagine her dancing around to it. I wanted her to hear it, but it wasn't to be. I cried and I cried and I cried, I couldn't stop, and I couldn't stop listening to it. That song just said what I was feeling at the time..I just wanted to be closer......

Tilly passed away on March 23rd 2007. She was 8.

Love+Peace

Lianne
xXx

Re: Last song alive that has made you cry...
spid
spid Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
Such a moving story - I'm glad you have soem ggod memories to hold onto about Tilly. Life seems all the more poignant when it is cut short.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
I'm sorry to hear about Tilly. She sounds like an amazing little girl. I know her spirit will live on through you and your family.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Lianne, your story was so touching and so very sad. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that whenever you hear "Sing" again the memory of Tilly singing it will make you smile.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Lianne that is a very touching story. I am such a beautiful little girl is gone but glad you can still feel connected to her through things like music.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
OMG I near cried reading that! My hormones are CRAZY! Hope you are ok Lianne, such a tough thing for anyone to go through.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
it was on february 16, 2006
Azteca Stadium with U2
the last song than made me cry was With Or Without you!
I have to say I had cried before with Stuck in a moment you can't get out off it...

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 2:25 PM Quote
Lianne, I'm sorry about that.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 5:41 AM Quote
A Girl in Port - Okkervil River

Cheryl E
Cheryl E Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
Hi Lianne,
Just visiting & saw your post about Tilly. I am so sorry and am glad your memories comfort you a little.

Love,
Cheryl

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:00 AM