Travis

Re: 50 pure dead giveaways that you are Scottish
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

34. You can't pass a Kebab shop after being at the pub.

Hey Dubz, I see that we have a common thing - maybe a Scot and a Turk can go to pub together, right?

I can pretty much guaantee your Kebabs will be better than ours. If you are ever in Dublin gimme a shout we'll go for a pint or twelve.

btw Irish kebabs are fuckin' rotten, it's just kebab with garlic sauce, mingin'

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
My friend lived in Ireland a few years back. She said she saw enchiladas on the menu. Not that she had much hope that it would be any good but she was desperate for a fix and ordered it.

It had potatoes in it.

Breakfast tacos sometimes have potato in them but an enchilada....that's just wrong.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
My friend lived in Ireland a few years back. She said she saw enchiladas on the menu. Not that she had much hope that it would be any good but she was desperate for a fix and ordered it.

It had potatoes in it.

Breakfast tacos sometimes have potato in them but an enchilada....that's just wrong.

Everything in Ireland comes with Potatoes, it's the staple diet. Ask Dee she'll confirm.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Everything in Ireland comes with Potatoes, it's the staple diet. Ask Dee she'll confirm.

Dubz

I knew that but it's just hilarious to me that they have to be included even in a dish from another country.

physke
physke Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
physke wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

34. You can't pass a Kebab shop after being at the pub.

Hey Dubz, I see that we have a common thing - maybe a Scot and a Turk can go to pub together, right?

I can pretty much guaantee your Kebabs will be better than ours. If you are ever in Dublin gimme a shout we'll go for a pint or twelve.

btw Irish kebabs are fuckin' rotten, it's just kebab with garlic sauce, mingin'

Dubz

Hehe, sure I will call you. And if you ever come to Turkey, be my guest for an Efes beer and then Kebab:)

We have a superb recipe for Kebab here. It's called Iskender. Basically, it is sliced-roast meat with yogurt, tomato sauce and hot butter on it. thanks to the guy who invented it!

btw what does "minging" mean?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
physke wrote:

Hehe, sure I will call you. And if you ever come to Turkey, be my guest for an Efes beer and then Kebab:)

We have a superb recipe for Kebab here. It's called Iskender. Basically, it is sliced-roast meat with yogurt, tomato sauce and hot butter on it. thanks to the guy who invented it!

There is actually a Kebab place on Dame St in Dublin called "Iskanders", that sounds lovely I think I may venture by their on the way home see if they can do me one of those.

Dubz

*minging* - something that smells bad issues a "ming" or is said to be "mingin'", can also mean dirty, rotten, etc. mostly it just means unpleasant.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Yogurt, tomato sauce and hot butter. I'm having a hard time imagining that.

physke
physke Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
physke wrote:

There is actually a Kebab place on Dame St in Dublin called "Iskanders", that sounds lovely I think I may venture by their on the way home see if they can do me one of those.

Dubz

*minging* - something that smells bad issues a "ming" or is said to be "mingin'", can also mean dirty, rotten, etc. mostly it just means unpleasant.

Well, you should really try it today:) Cause two hours later, I will go out for a one!

And I forgot to mention it: On the plate just below the kebab, there is a special bread -called "pide" - maybe you are calling it "pita"

physke
physke Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Yogurt, tomato sauce and hot butter. I'm having a hard time imagining that.

well, don't imagine, search in google for a place that does this job and then give it a try. it's really delicious!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

3. You were forced to do Scottish country dancing every year at high school.

A friend of mine went to a certain school here in Buenos Aires, I think it was an english school haha, and she had to do scottish dancing. She even went to contests.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
deep fried mars bar...mmmm, delish! I pretended i was in Edinburgh visiting a friend. i was really there for the mars bar, lol. Okay, and my friend too...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deep fried mars bar...mmmm, delish! I pretended i was in Edinburgh visiting a friend. i was really there for the mars bar, lol. Okay, and my friend too...

I can't stand them, there I've said it. It's just far too sweet and sickly.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

It had potatoes in it.

a friend told me he found a kick ass taco stand in london , real deal

varz
varz Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

28. You have heard the following:
You canny fling pieces oot a 20 storey flat,
700 hungry weans'll testify to that,
If its butter, cheese or jelly,
If the breed is plain or pan,
The chances o' it reachin earth,
Are ninety nine tae wan.

40. You go to Saltcoats because you think its abroad.

43. You know someone who planned their wedding around the football fixtures.
44. You have been to a wedding and the football results have been announced in church.

Cheers - i now have the song from 28 stuck in my head!

And I wish people wouldn't come to Saltcoats for their holidays, its neddy enough already without the weegies!

As for 43+44 - when I was a waitress, I worked a wedding where all the tables were named after Celtic players - pure dead brilliant!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
varz wrote:

As for 43+44 - when I was a waitress, I worked a wedding where all the tables were named after Celtic players - pure dead brilliant!

Ohhh WOW, I am so doing that when I get married.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:58 PM