lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 12:54 AM Quote
SWIMMING!!

My favorites:

Katie Hoff

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02yUf4genff6v/610x.jpg

Aaron Piersol
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/brian_cazeneuve/08/01/swim.worlds/swim2.jpg

I've had enough of the media coverage of Michael Phelps.

Re: The Olympics
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
after going through the stanley cup and the euro cup , i'm burnt on it all.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:23 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I love to watch the Olympics, too. I love to watch gymnastics, swimming, and track. I've always wanted to attend one of the Olympic games in my lifetime and I'm going to try to go to the 2010 winter games in Vancouver,BC.

i tried to convince a friend that she wanted to go to grad school in Vancouver so that i would have somewhere free to stay during the olympics. Alas, she decided on Montreal.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:27 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I'll watch basketball and other things but only if they happen to be on when I want to watch TV.

Sunday, 9 am

with the time different most of the events are being shown live in the morning here from 6-noonish and then every night from 6-midnightish there are repeats and highlights, so..pretty much while i am home, it is always on..whee! And then i get the options of Canadian or American channels for extra selection and coverage. im assuming NBC has the American rights again?

Uh, yeah I checked. Sunday @ 9 is the time they are going to show the US team for basketball.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:
Monica wrote:
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/efjuancarlos/imagenes/deferr.jpg

wow

more like...ouch.

I agree

definitely... that-must-hurt!! lol

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
damon wrote:
My country Mexico, is going with the smallest comitee ever,, no hope for medals,,, damm !!

I'm from Mexico too... and yep, you're right, the smallest comitee ever, there's no one with a referral from medals in Athens 04, but, like always, enthusiastic and with hope!

well...I hope to see one gold medal and hear our beautiful national anthem, but anyways, I'll see the olympics and my fav sports -for Olympics-: Swimming, Gymnastics and Athetism... I guess the usual ones lol

and tomorrow at 6.30 am (-6 GMT Mexico City hour) I'll be watching the openning in my work!! (yep, I'll be one and half hour before to see it without problem!! lol)

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:48 AM Quote
hello~
i from china
it is so cool that the olympic games will be actually held in my country ;>

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:50 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
damon wrote:
My country Mexico, is going with the smallest comitee ever,, no hope for medals,,, damm !!

I'm from Mexico too... and yep, you're right, the smallest comitee ever, there's no one with a referral from medals in Athens 04, but, like always, enthusiastic and with hope!

well...I hope to see one gold medal and hear our beautiful national anthem, but anyways, I'll see the olympics and my fav sports -for Olympics-: Swimming, Gymnastics and Athetism... I guess the usual ones lol

and tomorrow at 6.30 am (-6 GMT Mexico City hour) I'll be watching the openning in my work!! (yep, I'll be one and half hour before to see it without problem!! lol)

I'm really surprised that there is such a small group representing your country. Do you know why that is?

Also, what do you mean by "athetism"? Is that like running, high jump, etc.? (what I would call track and field)

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
Since we've already got lots of USA fans on here, I'll root for my other country, the Philippines. Yeah, I'm a dual-citizen :-) Even if the Philippines has a very small contingent (only 15!), I can't wait to see them compete in tae kwon do, archery, diving and swimming. Give it your best!!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:02 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I'm really surprised that there is such a small group representing your country. Do you know why that is?

Also, what do you mean by "athetism"? Is that like running, high jump, etc.? (what I would call track and field)

Well, you shouldn't because I'm not. There's a lot of issues and problems in this matter related with money, politics and power. Money because our athletes don't get a lot of economic support from the goverment, and they can barely afford all the expenses they have to make... Is very hard to see how very good athletes go downfall because of this. Politics because the ones who are in charge of this matter, I mean the Mexican Olympic Committee and the National Sports Committee (Commission? I don't know how to translate that xD) are only worried about when and who is going to get which position in those committee, that's why they are so careless about the athletes and the support they should get (as it happens in the other countries, such as USA, in which athletes get a lot sponsorship). And power is related to the other to things I've said, because this one comes with the money and the position, either politicians, administrators or former athletes trying to be the latter two, want to achieve.
There's a lot of trouble about this issue, and the worst thing about this is that anyone does anything to make this better. The ones who try to do something are swallowed by the corruption of the other people... Very sad :o(.

Hope you can understand something of what I'm trying to say xD.

And yeah, I'm sure Erika meant track and field :o).

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 08 Aug, 2008 5:16 AM Quote
Well, I don't know much, but for me the most interesting sport for sure is football! We have a good team so I guess we should at least be decent haha. We've won our first match against Cote D'Ivoire :oP. We might do well in basketball (we won the gold medal last time) and female hockey.
Not sure if we've got chances of winning many medals. I'm not getting my hopes up :oP.

Anyway, GO ARGENTINA!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 10:27 AM Quote
Samuel Sanchez won. Congrats Spain!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:02 PM Quote
For people NOT interested in the Olympics I found this for ya! lol

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/Green-Ink/beijing-olympics.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 09 Aug, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
I only watch sailing- that probably makes me the weirdest person EVER, hahaha ;)

Our Szukiel is currently winning, so... yay!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:32 PM