Travis

Something anything : CD single or 7 inch Vinyl?
purplesky
purplesky Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
I'm trying to pre-order something anything single, and buy other singles(J.smith...) too.

We rarely have singles released in my country.(only official albums are available.. so sad) So..I'm confused about the terms.

1. Could anyone tell me the difference between CD single, 7 inch, 10 inch vinyl? *_*
I guess certain singles(7, 10 inch) can only be played by record player. Is this right?

I think my dad has an old record player, then does it play both 7 and 10 inch vinyl?

Oh..and J.Smith single, did Travis only release 10 inch vinyl for it, not CD single? I'd like to listen to Sarah.. :)

2. I've collected only a few singles of Travis so far.. I wonder if they still sell the old Travis' singles as well.
(Could anyone give me the link where international delivery is available..^^)

Sorry for my stupid questions..I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/jering117/---.jpg

Re: Something anything : CD single or 7 inch Vinyl?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
I know very little about vinyl so someone else can you help you there but J Smith was only released on the 10inch, but i can send you Sarah...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
purplesky wrote:
I'm trying to pre-order something anything single, and buy other singles(J.smith...) too.

We rarely have singles released in my country.(only official albums are available.. so sad) So..I'm confused about the terms.

1. Could anyone tell me the difference between CD single, 7 inch, 10 inch vinyl? *_*
I guess certain singles(7, 10 inch) can only be played by record player. Is this right?

I think my dad has an old record player, then does it play both 7 and 10 inch vinyl?

Oh..and J.Smith single, did Travis only release 10 inch vinyl for it, not CD single? I'd like to listen to Sarah.. :)

2. I've collected only a few singles of Travis so far.. I wonder if they still sell the old Travis' singles as well.
(Could anyone give me the link where international delivery is available..^^)

Sorry for my stupid questions..I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll have a go.

CD singles are CDs, whereas both 7 inch and 10 inch are vinyls. These both play on record players and they should both play on your Dad's.

J. Smith was only released as a limited edition 10 inch vinyl, I think it's sold out, but you can probably still get one. Sarah is available to download in most download stores, like 7 digital.

Travis don't sell the old singles (before TBWNN) any more, you have to buy them separately from Amazon, eBay or your country's equivalent.

Hope this helps!

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
Oh thank you a lot!! It does help me. :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:00 PM